Chapter 5: Mirror

Chapter 5: Mirror  

Yuu was called in again by Kirishima for another project under Ijuuin.  

While they were working, the doorbell rang and it was Misaki, coming to take the manuscript. 

Ijuuin went to greet him and ruffled his hair. 

Yuu became jealous for he knows that Ijuuin is still very much in love with Misaki.  

He got up and an assistant asked where he was going.  

"To the bathroom," he answered irritatedly. 

He left the room still seeing Ijuuin smiling at Misaki. 

'Ugh... What's wrong with me?' Yuu asked himself on the way to the bathroom. 

'He'll never like me...'  

He closed the door of the bathroom and stared at the mirror, and only then did he notice that he was crying. 

He wiped his tears away when suddenly someone opened the door. 

'Shit,' Yuu cursed. 

"Oh! Yanase-kun! Sorry the door wasn't locked I thought there was no one here..." Ijuuin apologized. 

"Oh no it's alright. I forgot to lock it." Yuu answered, turning his face away. 

"...Are you alright?" Ijuuin asked with a concerned tone. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," Yuu answered, wiping his tears, trying to avoid eye contact. 

"Here," Ijuuin grabbed a towel and handed it to Yuu, "it's super absorbent."  

"Heh. Thanks," Yuu received it. 

Ijuuin suddenly laid his hand on Yuu's forehead, checking his temperature. 

His cold hands felt good on Yuu's forehead, but he slapped it away and took a step back. 

"You feel warm....Are you sure you're alright?" Ijuuin asked. 

"I said: I'm fine. Stop being so nice to me," Yuu answered with an irritated tone. 

"I'm just worried. I don't want you to overdo it. If you got sick..."  

"Just go back to Misaki!" Yuu bursted. 

Ijuuin stared at Yuu, shocked by his sudden outburst. 

"What?" Ijuuin finally said. 

"Just... Don't worry about me..." Yuu said, turning around. 

"What does Misaki have to do with this?" Ijuuin pressed on. 

"Nothing... Just go," Yuu demanded. 

"Wait..." Ijuuin said, starting to put two and two together, "are you jealous of Misaki?" 

Yuu stayed silent. 

"Yanase..." Ijuuin reached out and touched Yuu's shoulder. 

"Why?..." Yuu mumbled. 

"What?"  

"Why do you still like him?" Yuu turned around, "You said it yourself: he likes someone else. He already has someone. So why? Why can't it be me?" 

Ijuuin was speechless at the sudden confession, but before he could say anything Yuu continued to speak. 

"Nevermind. I'm leaving," Yuu said, passing Ijuuin and leaving the bathroom. 

"Yanase-kun! Where are you going?" Kirishima asked. 

"I'm sorry but I'm not feeling good so I'm heading home. Could somebody take my place instead?" he excused. 

"Uh... Sure... Misaki? Do you have time right now?" Kirishima asked, "There's just a few more work to be done." 

"Umm... Uh... Sure but are you ok with me doing this?" Misaki asked. 

"Well you want to help right? Now's your chance," Kirishima said. 

"A-alright..." Misaki nodded, "Get well soon, Yanase-san." 

"Ah," Yuu answered as he left the house, trying to hold back the tears that are threatening to fall again.