Chapter 7: Pencil

Chapter 7: Pencil 

(Connected to Ijuuin and Misaki's encounter in chapter 70 act 34 page 50 (and so on...) of Junjou Romantica.)  

As Ijuuin put down the phone, Kirishima came in. 

"Yo Kyo, good job on the last volume. I heard from the sales department that they needed to print more copies," Kirishima praised. 

"Thanks. I couldn't have done it without your help," Ijuuin thanked.  

"I'm off for today. Mama Bear's waiting for me at home," Kirishima joked. 

"Heh... Lucky girl," Ijuuin said sarcastically. 

"And I'm a lucky man!" Kirishima answered genuinely. 

'It's been a long time since I've seen Kirishima smile like that. He must really like this girl,' Ijuuin thought. 

'I won't give up on you, Misaki,' he thought as Yuu's face unexpectedly passed his mind. 

~~~~~ 

Ijuuin stood outside Marukawa Shoten, waiting for Misaki.  

He checked his watch and, on cue, Misaki exited the building. 

He approached the thoughtful Misaki and greeted him. 

"Takahashi-kun. Good evening." 

Misaki tensed up upon hearing Ijuuin's voice.  

He faced Ijuuin and answered nervously: "Ijuu... Ijuuin-sensei! Good evening!"  

"Thank you for helping me out last time," Ijuuin smiled. 

"Uhh... Think nothing of it. Sensei, you've worked hard!! Are you here for a meeting?" Misaki asked. 

"No. I have been waiting for you, Takahashi-kun." 

"What?" 

"I asked the editors when you would get off from work. You've worked hard." 

Ijuuin suddenly grabbed Misaki's wrist and said, "Will you look at the time? You're hungry too right? Let's grab dinner." 

All Misaki could say was: "Ha?!" 

Ijuuin continued to pull him to his car as he said, "Didn't I say earlier that I wanted to properly thank you?" 

He then opened the car and shoved Misaki inside, ignoring what he was saying.  

He got in the driver's side and put on his seatbelt.  

"Sorry, I have to move my car; I can't park here for long. So let's go." 

"Huh?! What?!" 

Ijuuin stepped on the gas and drove off. 

Before Misaki could say anything, Ijuuin spoke. 

"After some thought, I've realized that I don't know much about what you like and dislike... So I'd really like to get to know you better." 

Ijuuin kept smiling the whole ride, while Misaki kept wondering in his head why does this keep happening to him.

[This part was taken from chapter 71 act 35. The conversation in the restaurant was written by me (though there are some parts from the manga), then the part where they left the restaurant was from the manga.]

"I'm really thankful for you bringing the materials last time. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be able to finish," Ijuuin said, as their order arrived. 

"It's really nothing," Misaki kept saying, "The company told me you needed more paper, so I really had no choice." 

"But you rushed over, despite the distance. You really worked hard," Ijuuin pushed.