[ 18 ]

Jungkook

All those times of me forgetting the way back to my house even though it wasn't far away, not recognizing it even when I stood right in front of it and not remembering Jo momentarily. All of this was caused by eating food they served me at Taehyung's palace.

Not to forget, the time where I was suddenly in a daze, even forgetting who I was that only lasted seconds but surely felt longer. I had no doubt now that they were somehow caused by the stuff I ate as well.

Taehyung...

The entire time we dined side by side and he didn't say anything about it, not a single word. And to think we've dined together multiple times. The thought of how many chances I had left until I was going to potentially forget my home in its entirety sent a chill down my spine. I gulped.

Had it not been for Jo taking the time to help me find the torn out pages, I would've been days away from going missing. I felt a deep sense of gratefulness settle inside me. I sprinted out of my room and dashed towards the kitchen where I heard the clanking of dishes.

Jo was at the sink with her back turned to me, she was just finished with washing the dishes and wiped her hands on a napkin. Hearing my rapid steps, she looked at me,  a little alarmed. I quickly hugged her tight and she confusedly hugged back.

"You alright?" She patted my back. "Thank you Jo" I uttered, still not letting go of her. "Huh, what for?" She asked. "If it wasn't for you going through all the trouble only to search for the lost pages, I would've been in great danger " I explained.

She looked like she didn't know what to say for a second and simply nodded, "Well, I'm glad you're still here Jungkook. What now?" She questioned. I was puzzled by it, "What do you mean?"

"Now that you know the downside of visiting that place, I truly hope you don't intend on going there anymore. However, I remember you telling me the other day about a person from the glade who sounds like your love interest"

Love interest? "Taehyung? We're not in love. What about him anyway?" I asked, flustered. Jo stared at me boredly. It was like I could her saying, what a load of bs this kid is spewing. "Fine whatever, the point is are you going to say goodbye, confront him or anything?" Jo questioned.

Playing with the hem of my shirt, I asked myself, "Do I confront Taehyung about the truth he had hidden away from me or do I just stop seeing him? But how could I leave him wondering where I am? Then again, how could he not tell me anything at all about something so vital?"

I looked up at Jo, who waited for my answer patiently. "I'm going back to see Taehyung, for the last time" I spoke. "But I don't want you getting hurt, Jungkook. I love you like my own son, what if you don't come back? " Jo voiced her worry.

"I promise, I'll come back unharmed. I'll be extra careful this time and the only reason I'm going is for closure. I certainly won't be eating the food there either" I assured her. "When will you go, honey?" Jo held my hands. Truthfully, I didn't know. I was still hesitant about going back to the glade for fear I may not return home.

However, I knew better than to tell that to Jo. If she found out that I, myself was unsure about going there, she would've convinced me not to go there at all. "This week, though I am uncertain exactly when. I need to gather my thoughts first"

---

tbh, i cant really decide the ending i wanna choose for this book. so maybe ill post two endings, making one an alt. ending of course so u can pick whichever ending u prefer. i jus need to choose the most suitable one as the main ending, which is a problem bcause i hve no idea which ending is better

stan ateez or perish uwu