[ 17 ]

Jungkook

"I found these scattered in various places inside the library, these are the pages of your book that you said were missing so here" Jo handed them to me clumsily. "Now listen to me very carefully, do not and I mean this with all of my heart, don't ever go to that place ever again, please" she warned.

I looked at her funny, "You mean the glade? Why?" She only shook her head frantically and got up before saying, "Just read those then you'll understand". She left a kiss on my cheek and left me on the couch to figure out what she meant by myself.

For a moment there, I didn't really do anything, still partially in a daze. I looked at the papers one by one. Jo must've arranged them before I got home because they were placed in their correct order. Thankfully, none of the pages were missing.

I took them up to my room and made a mental note to read them as soon as I've showered.

---

Dabbing on the last few drops of water on my face with a towel, I made my way towards my bed and threw myself lazily onto the pillows. Sighing, I picked up the torn pages of Faeries Of The Glade and began to read.

Chapter 19: Let Yourself Not Be Deceived

Sure, at a glance, the only thing differing the glade and human world is the flying people fluttering out and about. However, that is not all. Be very careful when you step foot into one of these places, especially around the food they serve.

There's no doubt that anybody who's served with whatever type of food wouldn't think even for a split second about gobbling it up as the food there have an outlook that would make it hard for anyone to resist it.

But hold yourself, as a few bites are enough for the consumer to start forgetting simple things like their own names, family members and their own home. It is just like a bear walking straight towards a bear trap, unbeknownst to its existence, until all is too late.

When one have eaten a certain amount of the food of the Glade, they will no longer have memories of the human world, memories of moments with their family and friends wiped away just like that, all this without them realizing it.

And with that, he is to become a permanent resident of the Glade, never to experience unhappiness ever again, but forgetting their sweet and sour moments with their loved ones from the human world.

Ever wondered how the kingdom gained its subjects?  And how the people there are so diverse? Well, now you know. Whoever is there for the first time would definitely think everyone from around the world came together to create a country of their own since the portal to the Glade doesn't just exist in one spot.

Thus, those who are lucky enough to find the Glade but unlucky enough to make it out of the place ever again stay there, forever, causing their missing person's case to become cold due to no leads that could potentially alert others regarding their whereabouts.

And so, beware of the food of the Glade or you may never return to your home again. Anyone who knows the existence of the Glade is advised to stay far away from the Glade altogether for their self control might not be enough to ensure their safety.
—-

I immediately stopped reading and stared into nothing, the room was chilly but beads of sweat were forming on my neck. I got anxious as I recalled all the incidents that had been happening to me these past few days.

—-
im thinkin of changing sweet ol' jo into someone else frm bts jus bcause but im worried it might confuse people