Bleach Fanfic - Chapter 9

Ichigo's POV

I literally sprinted from Karakura high to Urahara's shop. It isn't until I stop that I realize how exhausting the run was....I was so focused on just getting here!

"Hey it's you! You here to see that girl again? " I hear an annoying voice scream from somewhere. I look up and see Jinta and Ururu standing on the roof for some reason.

Unable to speak due to my panting, I just nod my head. 

"Well just come right in. Jeez, what is it about her anyways? You like her or somethin' ?! " he yells at me as I enter the shop, ending with a laugh.

I hear a small voice respond, " J-Jinta, you shouldn't make fun of Ichigo like th-that--Ow! Stop pulling my hair!"

"Then stop tellin' me what to do!"

I don't even want to get involved in that. Furthermore, I'm glad I didn't have to answer his question. I'm...I'm sure I don't feel about her the way people keep insinuating but...there is something drawing me to her. I just need to find out what it is as soon as possible.

When I finally catch my breath I yell out, "Urahara!"

A few seconds past and I finally hear footsteps lazily making their way out of the back of the shop.

Before saying anything, Mr. Urahara stretches and yawns. Finally he speaks. "Oh hey Ichigo! You finally made your way back over here....it's almost been two whole days since we've seen you la---"

"Where is she? Is she awake yet?" I cut him off.

"Patience, Ichigo. But no, she sti--"

"What?! How could she still be out, she wasn't even hurt that badly!" At least, she didn't seem that hurt when I brought her here....her armor-thing absorbed most of the damage.

" Ichigo there's.....something I need to tell you. You're right, she wasn't hurt that badly. In fact, " Mr. Urahara perks up, "Physically, she's ready to go right now! But - "

I don't hear the rest of his words. All that has stuck with me is the thought that she is okay, and ready to be awake as we speak. My only question now would be, Why isn't he letting her wake up?

I can hardly control my anger when I throw myself at him. I grab his robes in my hand, lifting him slightly off the floor, and demand, "Then why aren't you letting her wake up?!"

"Whoa Ichigo, calm down." I put him down, suddenly ashamed at how I was acting. Mr. Urahara is....a friend. Right? 

He dusts off his robes and I stand back, ready to let him continue what he was saying.

"Ichigo...it's not that simple. You said she attacked you, right? Just before you dropped her off here?"

"Yeah, it was weird. That's part of what I want to talk to her about. That's why you need to wake her up!" I exclaim.

" Look, she might be dangerous. You're lucky she wasn't reported to the soul society or anything like that. Right now....I'm studying her and trying to figure out what she is. I may have made a huge mistake bringing her into this world...." He trails off very quietly, making sure no one heard his final statement.

"What was that last part?" I ask, not quite catching the last part of his mini speech.

"Oh nothing! But yes, so I kinda...forced into a coma-like state hehe." he says really quickly, as if to lessen the harshness of his actions towards the girl.

I feel my body stiffen in anger. She was...she didn't need...he didn't have to force her into a coma. He could just try to ask her questions! Like me! Whatever she was, she wasn't evil. That thing that happened...when she attacked me...I'm sure she could explain if we just asked.