Bleach Fanfic - Chapter 11

Girl's POV

 What was going on....? There I was, in that hellish pit of darkness. Then all of the sudden there was a bright light, and a loud sound....an explosion? All the sudden I felt my body move, but I wasn't the one the moving it. Someone was...carrying me?

Just as my eyes begin to flutter, something odd happens. I feel my body raise from the ground. This time I know that no one is touching me. My awareness of the world is steadily growing stronger. An intense warm sensation starts at the center of my chest. Peering down I see what looks like a mass of red energy flowing at an incredible rate into my soul chain....my spirit energy?

And as it does so, I slowly feel strength returning to my limbs. It feels good....

But then something else happens. The relief I was experiencing at getting my power back morphed into something else...something sinister. Somewhere deep inside me, another being was getting her strength back, one that wanted it   for another purpose: to kill and destroy. 

Violent images and thoughts began to force their way into my mind. That feeling from back when Ichigo and I were fighting those hollows...from when I turned on him out of my control...I could feel it trying to force its way back out. It grew more and more intense as the energy flowed into me. I...I don't know if I can stop it! What is this?!

I gasp loudly when the last of the energy forces its way back into my body and I land softly back onto the ground. I can still feel the exhaustion in my limbs...making it difficult to move properly.

Furthermore, I feel that if I try to access my power, even if just to get up and run away from this place...it will take over. So I just sit there, hunched over and ashamed that I can't fight this feeling, whatever it is.

"Let's go!" I hear a voice...Ichigo's voice come from somewhere very near. As I blink my eyes I already know that the hate and the evil coming from somewhere in me is being reflected in my eyes...and for this reason I cannot bring myself to meet his.

He lets me lean on him for support as we wobble our way out of the destroyed shop. I would much rather pull my own weight but...I just don't trust myself yet. Maybe Mr. Urahara was right for putting me in that state...maybe I am dangerous.

But Ichigo, for some inexplicable reason, trusts me. He who probably has the most reasons for not trusting me is the one who broke me out of that place, and now he is running away with me to safety. Why Ichigo?

Hehehe..it doesn't matter does it? We've got him wrapped around our finger! Once we're outa here I'll have some real fun in this world....

Ugh! What was that? I bring my hand to my forehead in confusion, wondering where that strange voice was coming from.....from inside me? The feeling that I'm about to lose control is overwhelming now. Maybe I should have Ichigo leave me behind.

That's when I sense it, another person just ahead of us. 

I don't know what it is, it's as if another being inside me is losing control of her anger at the thought of who this person might be. I can't even control my body when my head shoots up to make eye contact with the person, as if to warn them to stay away, and for some reason I feel a mass of malice and hatred form in the center of my stomach and make it's way to the expression on my face.

As if to confirm this, the figure before us does all she can to not scream and flee in terror at the sight of me...why is my body doing this?

And wait....is that Rukia?

 Ichigo’s POV

I look from Rukia to the girl, unsure of what to do now. Would Rukia approve of my actions? Probably not….furthermore why did she look so scared? She’s seen me destroy buildings and stuff before.