Bleach Fanfic - Chapter 15

Author's Note:

Hello! Wow people are actually reading this, thank you so much! Sorry for such a long break, but I think I'm actually gonna continue this fic. I have a few ideas hehehe

And yeah, sorry about the IchigoXOC thing. In retrospect idk why I did that since its quite OOC for Ichigo to have any kinda romantic feelings for anyone really, but unfortunately I already published that part! Anyone who's not a fan of the romance, don't worry! It won't be at the forefront anyways, as this story was supposed to be more adventure/my poor attempt at action anyways.

I'm posting this real short bit for now but don't fret, for there is more to come! Okay I'll stop trying so hard to sound friendly( not that I'm not friendly in real life, I just don't know how to interact with people...okay I'll actually shut up now. I kinda hope everyone skipped this long ass awkward note tho....)

Welp...plz continue reading if you'd like, stop if you don't haha

Ichigo's POV

I am slowly stirred awake by the first of the sun's rays that somehow managed to make their way into this drafty, old warehouse. They are warm and welcoming, and I take my time to appreciate the momentary peace.

It doesn't last, though. It seldom does.

I hear what at first sounds like faint whimpering, which soon turns into louder, incoherent mumbles and finally into full-fledged screams. Half-lidded eyes open wide and I immediately snap up, body swiveling around in search of the girl.

Kameko.

She's indeed where I left her last night, thrashing around and kicking at her thin blankets...just screaming. The sound is guttural and terrifying.

Is she having a nightmare? I think to myself as I rush over to her. I take in her figure with alarm. She looks awful. Her eyes are shut tight, though tears are flowing freely, and she has a death grip on her blankets.

"Kameko.." I begin, careful not to touch her too soon. Getting choked the first time was not fun. "Kameko!" I say louder now, barely able to hear myself over her. I could finally make out a bit of what she was saying, though the situation wasn't becoming any less confusing. Why does she keep repeating 'I refuse'? It must be a nightmare.

I decide to shake her a bit now, though carefully, and raise my voice even more. "Ayame! Wake-up, you're just dre-ahhhh!!!"

I am utterly startled when her eyes snap open, only to reveal that menacing crimson from the other day. She glances around wildly.

Her eyes are open...but she still appears to be dreaming. The screaming hasn't stopped. My concern increases.

"Kameko, seriously, you need to get it toge-!" Again I am unable to finish. The screaming stops abruptly, a new voice cutting into the atmosphere. One a little deeper than Kameko's, a little colder, but she's the only one speaking.

"Ichigo."

I blink rapidly, taken aback by the sudden change, and scramble back a few feet to give her space as she begins to sit up. As she does so she turns her body towards me...but her movements are strange. They're too graceful to be human...the look in her eyes still too feral and crimson...

As her lips turn up into an animalistic grin, I let my eyes wander over to my blade just a few feet to my left. I'm not saying I'll hurt Kameko, but the way things are going, I probably shouldn't take any chances.

Nothing about her look, save for the fresh tears staining her cheeks, does anything to confirm the unmistakable tremors of fear in her voice as she goes on to ask with desperation:

"Ichigo what am I?"

And the silence that follows is deafening. How can I possibly answer her? Not only had I just woken up just moments ago—I know nothing about this girl! I know nothing....yet the purple in her eyes is one I've seen before, her presence nothing new, relaxing even, when she's not like this.

I have to help her, somehow.

Before I can even give myself a chance, though, another voice interrupts –male, by the sound of it - followed by a strange surge in spiritual pressure.

"Hell if I know, but this kid sure don't!"

And before I can react, I'm shoved face first into the cold, dusty warehouse floor.