Annaya really cares

"An? I need you." Rin pleaded.
"I'll be there in 10, are you bleeding?" she asked.
"No," she told her. She hung up. Her back was going to be bruised and probably the top of her neck. It hurt to move so she doesn’t. She hoped Annaya hurried. Ten or fifteen minutes later she heard the front door shut. An came in.
"Where?" she asks.
"Back and neck." Rin answer. She helped the other take off her shirt and checked for any major damage.
"Looks like it's going to bruise really bad but there isn't any permanent damage," she told her.
"Thank you." Rin let a tear slip. She pulled her into a hug. Rin hissed at the movement but cried into her shoulder.
"You're going to make it through this. You're strong, he has done so much worse this is nothing," she whispered to her. Why can't she just die? "Don't think like that. What about your family? You know they all miss you. You wouldn't want to hurt them." she smiled sadly at her. She laughed half-heartedly.
"I haven't even heard from them for two years!" Rin sat up and winced.
"They still love you. You know that they can't get ahold of you with Daniel around," she whispered. Rin nodded her head. Fuck that hurt.
"Thank you for being there for me." She hugged her tightly.
"It's my job to keep you alive and I take my job seriously." she simply shrugged. They stayed like that for a while until her stomach growled. They both laughed.
"Let's go make something to eat." She helped her put her shirt back on and get up. Rin almost passed out from the sudden movements but they made their way to the kitchen.
"Daniel?" Annaya called out. They both stayed silent. After about a minute they both let out a breath of relief. Annaya started making canned potato soup. Rin watched her dance around the kitchen putting all kinds of spices in the soup trying to make it taste less like dog food.
"One of these days we will have real food, like chicken breast, rice, and corn or something!" she stated with disgust as she dumps more spices into the soup. Rin chuckled.
"Well if I could have gotten a real job then maybe we could." She told her with only a hint of bitterness in her voice.
"It wasn't all my fault. Cadence and Daniel are just as much to blame if not more!" she pouted.
"Yeah, I know," She looked out the makeshift dining room window.
"Cadence is home," she sighed.
She nodded. "Just in time for dinner." The door opened and Cadence started to take off their work clothes.
"Dinner is ready when you're done." Annaya let them know. She got up to get her soup. After everybody sat at the table they start to eat.
"Where's Daniel? " Cadence questions. Rin shrugged slightly.
"I got new toys," they smirk. Rin looked up in shock as they start to set their findings on the table. Three new knives. She couldn't take her eyes off them.
"Who did you steal these from?" Annaya picked one up.
"I do not steal!" Cadence pouted.
"No you just convince someone else to steal it for you," Annaya glared at them. Rin reached for one of the knives. A hand reaches out and slapped her’s away.
"No sharp things," Annaya sighed, "Remember the rules." Rin nodded her head slightly ashamed of herself. Cadence smiled widely at her.
"Awe, An, why not let her have some fun?" They start to argue again and Rin got up, dumping her soup back. She curled up on the little, old, beaten down couch and turned on the T.V. The other two came in a bit later. They sat wordlessly just enjoying the little bit of peace. Even demons can be peaceful for a while.