Cat Videos and Friendly People

*I'd just like to thank everyone for 100+ views. Thanks a bunch💐😊*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I'm full from the thick slice of raspberry cake and iced chocolate, I thank the waitress and drive to my first lesson in college.

I'm so excited to meet everyone and finally begin learning, but I'm so nervous at the same time. I like how everything is local, especially Ollie. I'm hoping to catch up with him tomorrow.

I pull up in front of a large building and parallel park beside a palm tree. The building is so grand and big, again with palm trees everywhere. I try to push the door open but I'm stopped as the door opens automatically. I trip and fall through the door. Embarrassing!

Before me is a lobby with a gym in the distance and a cafe on my right. There are lounges for people to chill out on and wait for their next class or eat lunch. There are stairs going up to different sections of the university. I walk into a white room with wooden desks all lined up. About 7 or 8 students are circling a man with glasses, who must be our teacher.

They are all looking at a laptop, and seem to be watching funny cat videos. They're all laughing away until the teacher looks up and notices me walk through the door, holding my glasses case and a hardcover notebook near my chest.

He gives me a smile and gestures at me to come in. Two other girls look up too, and tap on the desk next to them, meaning for me to sit with them. I smile and put my stuff down.

As I sit down, the man introduces himself.

"Welcome, I'm Mr Sanders. Excuse us, watching cat videos ... since we are in animal learning environment we thought we could get away with it." He laughs, half apologetically.

I smile and say, "it's okay, I like ... cats." I say awkwardly. Everyone seems accepting though, which is comforting.

I can't wait to meet everyone properly and begin learning about something I enjoy.