Chapter 4 (Unedited)

I know I've got a friend up in the atmosphere, another reason not to fear the sky. No, not tonight.

          Kyler woke up in what appeared to be the nurse's office with a slight headache and a strong sense of embarrassment creeping into every part of his person. He couldn't believe that he had full on fainted at seeing Evan and Marissa together. Just what was his problem exactly? He'd seen Evan with plenty of girls before but somehow this was different and he couldn't put his finger on why at all. Maybe it was because he'd hoped that when he was dealing with the barrage of memories that Clearview brought forth that Evan would focus on him. He quickly shook off all thoughts of his guitarist and gazed around the office, shocked to see that he had some company. "That was a nasty spill you took there partner. You made me miss out on canoeing, care to make it up to me?" Aiden said with his hypnotizing voice and endearing smirk. Kyler flushed at the younger boy's words. How exactly was he supposed to make up for the lost activity? "Well um, you know, it'll definitely come up in rotation again. I can ask for our group to get it again sooner if that'll help..?" He trailed off awkwardly, a question at the end.

          Aiden simply laughed at the brown-haired lead singer. "You really are something else aren't you Kyler?" He shook his head and got up with a start brushing off his pants and laughing to himself. Kyler sat there, a confused and very red mess; He was shy and awkward enough already without the mystery of Aiden added into the mix. Before Kyler could formulate some kind of response Aiden was already on his way out the door, "I'm gonna figure you out one of these days Kyler Davenport." The boy continued as Kyler blushed at his words. Figure him out? What could he possibly mean by that? "I do have the perfect way you can make up for the canoeing thing though. You went here before so you should know, remember the clearing? There's a really great view of the stars from there. Always puts me at ease, could be helpful for you. If you'd like we could go together later on..." Aiden began to trail off towards the end, seemingly nervous.

          Kyler was completely shocked. First, Aiden seemed pretty excited about the whole thing and even a bit shy towards the end and both were completely out of character for the boy that had been really pushing the 'mysterious bad boy persona'. Kyler smiled a small smile, he liked this other side of Aiden and was honored he'd get to see it; he nodded his ascent to the unauthorized activity. "Okay great, you're gonna meet in the clearing after lights out so we can really get to know each other and all. Your walls are not impenetrable despite what you may think, hell maybe mine aren't either. Anyway I'll be seeing you tonight. Your 'best friend' should be arriving soon, that is if he can bare to pull himself away from other...activities. Later." Aiden finished cooly, with a slight tick to the side of his mouth that very well could be classified as a smile by anyone with any concept of who the mysterious boy was. Maybe Kyler and Aiden would in fact figure one another out, and the prospect pushed Kyler's mind into a whirlwind of thoughts.

          He really tried to process everything that Aiden had just declared while they were alone. First the boy got him to agree to break curfew, and not only that but he also got Kyler to let him break curfew. Then there was the whole figuring him out thing which Kyler was way too stressed to even begin really thinking through. There was also the butterflies he had in his stomach thinking about him and Aiden talking and getting to really know each other when the boy would barely spare others another glance; It made him feel uncomfortably special in a way that he hadn't felt in a long time. Finally, and perhaps unfortunately the most important to him, Kyler couldn't believe that it was Aiden he woke up from his spell to and not Evander. Was he so unable to separate himself from Marissa that he couldn't even spare the time to make sure Kyler was okay? Kyler's upset and frustration with his best friend just seemed to be growing with each passing minute.