Mephilver ~ Something There (Beauty And The Beast)

Winter approached the French kingdom as the sun rose in the late morning.

Silver Sunshine, a young bookworm that was imprisoned in the palace in place of his older brother Venice Sunshine, who stole a rose for him from Mephiles Beast, the unknown prince of the kingdom, was out in the snow, taking Phillipe, his horse, on a walk. He had his bronze winter coat on as he walked before the castle chao, a chao-speaking footstool called Cheese, jumped into his arms. He laughed and hugged the furniture-turned chao.

From the balcony above, Mephiles watched him, his mouth not visible and his eyes half-idled, which his royal advisor Knuckles, the clock-turned echidna, noticed.

"Are you alright, Sire?" he asked.

"Yeah, I..." Mephiles sighed. "I just... he helped to heal me... I should do something nice for him! But what?"

"Hmm, chocolate?" Knuckles suggested sarcastically. "Flowers? Promises that you don't intend to keep? Come on, Sire. If you want to do something nice for him then you should get something that you KNOW he would enjoy,"

"Hmm, I see," Mephiles nodded, understanding as an idea came to his head. "Now I know what to do..."

(LATER)

"I have something to show you,"

Mephiles led Silver to a door and was about to open the door when he remembered something and closed it again.

"But first," he told the other with a wide smile as his mouth was out and visible. "close your eyes,"

Silver looked at him doubtfully so the beastly, grey, dark aqua-striped hedgehog added, "It's a surprise,"

The albino hedgehog shrugged and closed his eyes, his lips forming a smile. Mephiles smiled wider than he already was before opening the door then gently taking the other's hands. He led Silver inside then closed the door behind them. He led him to the middle of the room.

"Can I open my eyes now?" Silver asked.

"Not yet, not yet," Mephiles let go of the other. "Just wait. I'm not done,"

He ran off and opened the curtains, one by one. Even with his eyes closed, Silver could hear the openings and could see a little light with every noise.

"Now can I open them?"

"Alright," Mephiles felt excited for the surprise. "now,"

Silver opened his eyes and gasped, looking around. "Wow. It's amazing! I've never seen so many books in my entire life,"

"Do you like it?" Mephiles asked.

"I love it!" Silver placed his hands on top of the other's. "Thank you ever so much!"

Mephiles felt his heart melt when the albino one's hands touched his own. "Then it's yours,"

"Really? Oh thank you! Thank you really!"

(LATER)

It was late noon. Silver and Mephiles had lunch together and were now outside in the snow. The albino hedgehog was feeding the little birds. The beastly, grey, dark aqua-striped hedgehog wanted to try so he got a handful of bird seeds and tried to feed. Silver smiled as he watched.

'~There's something sweet, and almost kind
But he was mean and he was coarse and unrefined~'

The albino giggled at the attempt as Mephiles's scary looks scared away the birds.

'~And now he's dear, and so unsure
I wonder why I didn't see it there before~'

He went over to help, taking a small handful of the bird seed and making a bird seed trail leading to the other's hands. One of the birds went over to start pecking on the bird seed, soon finding itself in the beastly, grey, dark aqua-striped hedgehog's hands. Mephiles stared at the progress in surprise.

'~~He glanced this way, I thought I saw
And when we touched, he didn't shudder at my paw~'

He felt his feelings rose and tried to be in denial.

'~~No, it can't be, I'll just ignore
But then he's never looked at me that way before~'

Silver noticed the other's gaze and blushed, feeling a little shy before heading to a tree. He hid behind it slowly before sighing.

'~New, and a bit alarming
Who'd have ever thought that this could be?~'

He peeked over and giggled as a lot of birds were now all over the beastly, grey, dark aqua-striped hedgehog.

'~True, that he's no Prince Charming
But there's something in him that I simply didn't see~'

Suddenly, a snowball was thrown at Mephiles, scaring away the birds and making him turn to see Silver laughing. He grinned, a little pissed before gathering a snowball to throw. Silver noticed this before dodging, both soon engaging in a snowball fight.

From inside the castle, Knuckles and the other furniture-turned mobians, Shadow the candelabra-turned hedgehog, Sonic the feather duster-turned hedgehog, Vanilla the teapot-turned rabbit, and Cream the teacup-turned rabbit child, watched the two play outside. Shadow grinned with satisfaction.

"~Well, who'd have thought?" he chuckled.

"~~Well, bless my soul," Sonic squealed.

"~Well, who'd have known?~~" Knuckles sang.

"~~Well, who indeed?~" Vanilla smiled.

"~And who'd have guessed they'd come together on their own?" Shadow smirked.

"~~It's so peculiar," Sonic wrapped himself around Shadow's arm. "~~wait and see,"

"~~We'll wait and see!~~" the four began.
"~~a few days more
~~There may be something there that wasn't there before~~"

"Here's a thought," Vanilla giggled.
"~~perhaps there's something there that wasn't there before~"

"What, mama?" Cream asked, confused.

Knuckles smiled at the teacup's innocence. "~There may be something there that wasn't there before~~"

"What is it?" Cream was desperate to know. "What's there?

"I'll tell you when you're older," Vanilla told her.

Cream pouted then she turned briefly and looked back at her mother. "Okay, I'm older,"

Vanilla laughed. "Oh, Cream..."