The Trouble

Monika woke up in a cold sweat around 2 AM. Sayori was leaning on her shoulder, fast asleep. And Yuri and Natsuki were laying on each other. Monika had, again, had the same nightmare as before. Sayori, lifelessly hanging from the noose. She got up very carefully, as to not wake Sayori up. Monika walked to the bathroom and washed her face and looked at herself in the mirror and said, "I'm not that person anymore." She walked into her room and closed the door and started playing a tune. (DDLC music when sayori tells you about her depression)

I know it's time, to say goodbye, to the me I knew.
Deleting was bad, so I've changed to be better.
Sayori is my everything, what will it take, just for her to be happy?
But in this world of infinite choices, what will it take, just for the depression to fuck off.
What will it take, just for the depression, to fuck off.
If I don't know to help her...I'll leave her be.

Monika POV

Love will do weird things to a person. Everybody except for me was asleep. I reestablished my position next to sayori, and felt awful, knowing what she goes through every day, knowing now that the big smile is almost always a fake reassurance. It hurts, a lot.

"...monika...why are you shaking...?" Sayori asked without opening her eyes. "J-just...thinking." Sayori opened one eye, and asked, "You had another nightmare, didn't you?" I looked down, making the tears on my face clear as daylight. "Oh, moni..." Sayori wrapped her arms around me as I silently cried. "Hey, Monika, I don't like seeing you cry, please, smile for me." I calmed down, but couldn't smile for Sayori, because, for the second time in two days, I had cried myself to sleep.

Sayori POV

Monika had fallen asleep when Natsuki started to talk, which startled me. "Sorry about that, Sayori. Anyway, is Monika okay?" Natsuki continued, "Not that I care or anything." Natsuki said jokingly, making fun of her own tsundere tone, but I didn't find it funny in that moment. I answered seriously, "Honestly, Natsuki, I don't know. This is something I can't help her with. I can't get into her mind, you know...anyway, im going back to sleep." "Me too. Night."

—————

Thank you all for 19 reads! Hope you guys are enjoying!