October 31, 2017

"Happy Birthday, Katie" Cat said into the phone. Her room was pitch black except the light from her phone.

"Thanks. Why are you awake? It's 12:01 in the morning. You're never up this late."

"I wanted to say happy birthday first"

"You do realize I wasn't born until 9 am, right?"

"I know, but I wanted to beat Emma, she beat me last year."

"Well, you did."

"Thank you and goodnight." Cat said laughing into the phone.

"Night night."

The next thing Cat knew her alarm was going off. Cat got out of bed and went to grab her uniform, before realizing that she didn't have to wear it. A lot of the high schoolers still did on Halloween, but Cat loved non-uniform days.

She grabbed her yellow baseball tee, her black shorts, white knee highs and white shoes. Cat then slicked back her hair into a high ponytail. The girls were going as River Vixens this year.

Cat got Sammi into her Dorothy costume and Teagen into her Rapunzel costume then braided Sammi's hair into pigtails and Teagen's with flowers in it.

William was already gone and it wasn't even 7:15 yet. Cat decided to be extra and put food coloring into the pancake batter to turn them orange.She also tried to make the pancakes into shapes like spider webs and pumpkins, but they didn't look great. 

Once the girls were done with breakfast and had their backpacks ready, Cat got them into the car.

They listened to halloween music on the drive over, mixing it up from their usual. It was actually kind of hard to find Halloween music, there just weren't that many songs. 

Cat dropped the Teagen off in Mrs. Magee's first grade classroom and watched Sammi walk into Mrs. Kelly's fifth grade classroom because Sammi said that she was too old to be walked to class. Once Sammi was inside, Cat  basically sprinted to their area on the high school campus.

Cat saw Katie and picked her up and spun her.

" Put me down, put me down, put me down." Katie all but screamed.

" Relax, it's a once a year thing."

" I know, but this baby is tiny."

" You're 5'2, you're not that tiny." Cat replied.

The principal walked up and looked the girls up and down.

" Aren't those shorts a little short?"

" They go past our fingertips, plus this school doesn't have a dress code." Katie replied politely.

 It was true, because they wore their uniforms 95% of the time, there was no dress code for non uniform days.

" Alright then, carry on." He said, realizing that Katie was right.

" There's our vixen." Cat said as Emma walked up to their area.

" My hair hurts, it's up so high." Emma complained. 

" Beauty is pain. How's it feel to be 17?" Cat asked Katie.

" Not really much different."

" Selfie time."

 All the girls got out their phones and started taking selfies of themselves in different poses, before they added filters. Katie pulled up the photo album of all of their group Halloween costumes they had done since Kindergarten. The photos went from professionally taken by Emma's mom to selfies when they all got Iphones.