Chapter 10 Revival

With no sign of her cherished knight, Zelda's heart was in agony at the thought of him being ripped from her in this world. He only just returned to her several days ago and already he was gone. It was as if after one hundred years not being with him she was cursed yet again, to be separated from him forever. That she would never be given the chance to bare herself to him as she always wanted. That this time, he would be lost for good. And it was in that realization that shattered her heart.

The zora prince held her as tight as he could to calm her fears and soothe her pain. But, tried as he might to comfort her, there was no shelter for him from the heart-breaking sound that Zelda wailed into his chest. In his arms she shivered, not from the cold of the canyon wind but from a fractured soul, as if a part of her had died.

The poor girl was suspended in disbelief of what was happening around her.

"Please tell me Sidon...please say it isn't true...maybe...maybe, you can try again and have another look? Maybe...maybe, he drifted somewhere you didn't see? Please...please just don't tell me he's gone...please don't tell me...please!" she begged as she lifted her red teary-eyed gaze towards him. Her words broke into sobs once again.

"Okay...okay...I'll have another look right now, but try to remain calm...please," he replied as he held her outwards by the arms from him, trying to calm her shaking voice. There, just as he was about to spin around, the sentry who was alongside them on the clifftop hollered over to them. The guard was up higher up on the plateau from where they stood and had a much better vantage point.

"My prince look, there on the cliff!" The guardsmen shouted.

Zelda's eyes shot wide open and her heart stopped beating at his words. She frantically bolted away from Sidon to see where the sentry was pointing at. Sidon also spun around quickly at his words. He ran to get a better view of off into the distance to where the guard was pointing. There was something there, just alongside a split narrow ravine that broke away from the main heart of the river.

There off in the yonder part of the ravine, splashed out from the fading river current was a single hylian hand desperately clenched onto a flat slick stone. He watched as it dug itself deeper into slick jagged lips of the rock, as if it was fighting to hold on from the raging river current that pulled it. And as more and more of the river flow started to diminish as the lake drained, an arm appeared out from the water.

Sidon knew instantly it was him, and that it was Link. He needed saving and quickly if he were to survive. A couple minutes had already passed since the dam erupted and his grip would soon tire if he were to pass out from lack of air. So, the strong prince of water without hesitation, left Zelda as he dashed towards where Link was.

And just as he made his way over, the fierce grip of the hand he saw let go of the small river stone that protruded out from the canyon. But Sidon caught up just in time and reached down and grabbed his arm, before he could be swept away by the rushing flood waters.

With finesse he pulled and flung his limp body out from the river and noticed Link still had locked in his other arm, the two small, lime skin colored zora children, who were also not moving. Quickly, he laid the three of them side by side on a grassy part of the clifftop. Zelda and the guards had already made their way to where they were.

Instinctively, she fell crashing to her knees just beside Link's sprawled out body. And just as she did that, almost immediately afterwards, after being spread out side by side, the two zora children awoke. One of them was coughing up some of the river water, whereas the other regained full consciousness unheeded.

Perhaps, it was because they were Zora, they had the ability to hold their breath a great deal longer than hylians and were quite resilient to the prospect of drowning. It would seem they only fell unconscious by the sheer force of the raging rapids as it pulverized Link while he sheltered most of the blow, rather than any lack of air.