7. I'm Dreading It

Luke's POV:

After leaving Holly's house that night I went home and sat in my room thinking about the last few hours. I forgot everything else when I was with Holly and the time flew by. I admit I did get caught in the moment and kiss her but I don't regret it. I've never come across someone like her but I haven't figured out what it is about her that's so intriguing.

I felt guilty for keeping her out so long when her Mom broke down. The look in her face was one of pure worry, as if nothing in the world mattered more. It was an overreaction but Mom told me they've been through a lot so I'm not going to be a judgemental ass.

I wish I got to say a proper goodbye to Holly but I left quickly after apologising sincerely to Colette. It wasn't a good time to be there, I'd only cause more problems. I hope they get over it. I'd hate to cause that girl any more trouble. It seems that most things I touch fall apart but I can't let that happen. I'm not going to let history repeat itself.

Holly looked like she was ashamed of herself for letting this happen. And again it's easy to see how much family means to her.

The thought of caring so much for something scares me. I've cared about a girl before and she broke me up into tiny pieces. But it was bound to happen from the start, I was just oblivious to that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day Ben took me out to see a game. He wanted to meet his girlfriend, Nicole.

Lets just say my brother and I are very different, and the girls we like are very different. She's very posh and a bit snobby. She was the kind that scrunched her nose in disgust at the people when they eat like animals stuffing their face watching the game, which was 99% of the crowd. So throughout the whole game she looked like a pig but hey Ben seems to like her.

He dropped me off at my house around 8, I contemplated calling over to Holly but it didn't look like anyone was home. All the lights were off and I didn't see a car there. Still, I wanted to see her so walked half way across the road to her house but Mom called me from the door. She must've heard Bens car. I mentally sighed at her shit timing.

~

3 a.m I'm still up. At night my mind seems to evaluate everything. I can't sleep. It's just one of those nights. McLain said to be once "bad feelings make good songs".

Taking his advice, I write. I take out a piece of paper and my guitar. I don't know what time I fell asleep at but I know I was thinking about a certain new neighbour of mine. And I don't have a problem with that at all.

Holly's POV

'Get up its 2 in the afternoon!' Mom shouted at me while throwing a pillow at my head.

'Out. You. Out.' I groaned. Weekends are for sleep why is that so hard for parents to understand?

'Cmon Hun, school starts in 2 days and you have nothing!' What a lovely thing to mention first thing in the morning. Note the sarcasm.

10 minutes later I'm rolling out of the bed and getting ready. I put my hair into a pony tail and decide no makeup today. I need to tan because beside all these Aussies I'm as white as snow, even though at home everyone told me I had sallow skin. It doesn't compare to the people here.

I wear denim shorts, a black tank top and my white converse. Mom lets me take the car, which I take as an apology for waking me up. I grab my purse, keys and phone and say goodbye.

Luke was standing at the front door when I opened it, giving me a heart attack.

He opened his mouth to say something but closed it and began laughing at me in my scared state. Eventually I have in and laughed too. I shouldn't have because I'm trying to avoid him, stupid Holly.