They Were Cats

Brick

• Breed: Burmese

• Breed: Burmese

• The type of feline who will silently ask for your attention. He won't come up to you and starts rubbing up or nuzzling your leg, no. Instead, he will ask for your attention by causing a little bit mischief. Push your stuff off of tables, sit on your homework, tug on your blanket when you're asleep, etc. He's also quite smart and knows a couple of tricks. He uses that as a another way of getting your attention. He will do the tricks he knows in front of you even when you're not asking him to. It usually works. He's pretty OK with other people, however, he will hiss and seemingly glare at your company when you give all of your attention on them.

• "Brick, get off the desk! I'm trying to do some reasearch!", you told him. He simply looked up at you, swishing his tail back and forth. You sighed, "I am not gonna get any work done unless I give you attention, huh?" Brick's ears perked up a bit and he let out a tiny meow. You chuckled a bit, "Attention seeker..." You patted your thigh, smiling at him and silently telling him to come closer. Being the clever cat that he was, he immediately climbed onto your lap and lay down, getting comfortable. He slept on your lap the entire time you did your work, occasionally waking up and asking to be petted before going back to sleep.

Boomer

• Breed: Ragdoll

• Breed: Ragdoll

• Boomer is extremely affectionate, however, there are a few times when he is shy. He loves getting pets and cuddles from you but when other people try to touch him, he will avoid them a bit. It will take a short while for him to warm up to them. Boomer follows you everywhere. He gets sad whenever you leave him to go school, go grocery shopping, hang out with friends, etc. Like a dog, he will wait by the door and once you're back, he will greet with you with a series of loud meows and purrs.

• You were in the middle of getting ready for bed when you heard something. You stopped what you were doing for a moment before shrugging. A few seconds later, you heard the noise again. It sounded like something scratching on wood. You tried to find the source of the noise and only a minute later, you realized where it was coming from. You opened your bedroom door and saw Boomer sitting on the floor. "Hey, Boomer.", you greeted him. He responded with a meow and then casually walked into your room. You watched him jump onto your bed and lay down comfortably on one of your pillows. You sighed and smiled, "I really can't leave you alone, huh?"