six

i stood in the front row and watched in aw as gus poured his heart out on stage. this was his biggest show yet and he was making sure he did his complete best. he made eye contact with me almost the entire time. like he was singing to me.

"hold me, i can't breathe. i don't wanna die, don't wanna OD. cup full of lean, pure codeine. ten lines deep, now i can't see." gus sang.

i watched him as he sang and i don't think i've ever seen something so beautiful. someone so comfortable in front of so many people. it was exhilarating and i wasn't even the one up there. i was captivated by the beauty he had on stage.

"i can hear you calling to me. i can see your falling for me." he bent down and sang right to me. i held my hand out and he grabbed it, leaving a kiss.

"alright thank you everyone! goodnight!" he said. he walked up to me, grabbed my hand, pulled me up on stage and dragged me off backstage.

"you were so good." i said looking in his eyes.

"thanks boo." he said kissing the middle of my forehead.

he said something about a party at his house but i rejected the offer. i had work tomorrow and it was a double. he didn't argue with me like i expected though, he just kissed me goodbye and told me he'd miss me and i went home.

home by myself while devin and everyone else was partying. i thought about calling off but i needed the money. i knew i'd need the money, not for me but for peep. he didn't show it but i knew whenever i didn't buy him food he didn't eat. i worried about him.

and i fell asleep worried that he'd get too fucked up tonight. i woke up worried about if he was going to. my entire shift i couldn't use my phone so i was worried that he was texting me. i was worried until him and jazz walked right into the diner. i walked over and guided them to my section of tables.

"can i start you two off with something to drink?" i asked.

"i want a chocolate milkshake." peep said.

"water for me." jazz said smiling.

i nodded and went back to get jazz's water, i grabbed one for peep too. when i brought them back their waters peep started flirting with me, acting like he didn't know me.

"can i start you guys out with some appetizers or are you ready to order?" i said.

"you can start me off with some of you baby." he smirked.

"gus." i said raising my eyebrow.

"what baby, i just want to take you home with me." he chuckled, kissing my hand.

"excuse me sir don't touch our waiters." josh said coming from the kitchen.

"josh it's okay, this is gus, the one i told you about." i whispered.

"my apologies. nice to meet you, i'm josh." josh apologized.

"gus, it's cool. thanks for looking out for my maevey." he said smiling at me. it made my heart flutter.

"i gotta get back." josh said leaving.

"alright are you guys ready?" i laughed.

"i think we're ready to order." jazz laughed.

"i want the double bacon cheeseburger with no pickles and fries." jazz said.