Chapter 14

Daryl POV ** starting before Rick yells to get in the car**

Beth is lying beside me and she looks so peaceful in her sleep. I just wish that she could be that peaceful all the time. It's just to hard with Abby and the walkers.

I'm just felling my eyes droop when I hear Rick yell to get in the cars.

" Beth, Beth" I whisper yell to Beth

" Mmm what??" " I'm sleeping" she replied

" I know babe, we really have to go though! I'll let you sleep in the car" I said

" FINE" she said " Grab Abby" I said an then we were in the truck. After we were on the road I realized that I didn't get on my motorcycle. CRAP!

" what? What's wrong Daryl?" Asked Emma

" what? Nothing. Oh I was thinking out loud again wasn't i?"

" yeah kinda." She replied

" well I left my motorcycle at the camp, so now we have one less way to get around. " I stated

" oh well i guess we will find another vehicle, maybe even another motorcycle!!" Said Emma

" maybe. " I replied

2 hours later

" hey Rick." I said as I woke up from a very short sleep.

" yeah?"

" why are we runnin' again?" " I thought that place was safe and secure?" I asked

" well Daryl it was but there was a heard and cars coming our way and we couldn't risk it with the kids and everyone." He simply replied

I know he answered like that because that's all there was to say.

Beth POV

I woke up crying but I didn't know why. I think that I had that bad dream again about me cutting.

I don't know why I would have that dream because I would never in a million years think to do that.

I know I did when I was younger back at the farm but I wasn't thinking then. Now I have a husband and a baby to look after.

" hey Emma, how old are you?"

" I'm thirteen!" She replied

" that's cool. What's your story before this crap happened?"

" it's a long story. But okay." She said

" well I'm originally from Atlanta but I moved around a lot since my parents were in the army. One day when I was with my dad at the beach he got a phone call that said that my mom has passed away while fighting. So that impacted my family a lot. Then when we thought it couldn't get worse my dad became a drunk and left me alone to fend for myself. I was living in my basement all alone for months just going out when I had to for food and water. That's when the apocalypse happened. And I found a great group of people, and that's you guys. I can't thank you enough for caring for me and making sure I'm okay. She finished with tears forming in her eyes.

" I'm so sorry Emma. I never knew. Your so strong it's hard to remember that everyone has tough times in their lives." I said as she leaned her head on my shoulder and drifted off.

I know that now I'm going to watch over her like she's my own and nothing will stop that.

So how'd u like it??

Thanks for all the reads

Makayla💕