~ 1: Black Damask (The Fog)~

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Ugh.... So annoying! My alarm loudly sounded, making me sit up in my bed. What was today, again? Oh yeah, that's right, the day I started working for Fearless Records. I was just the sound check girl, right now. I was hoping to sing with a band, like a small collaboration. Hmm...maybe with my favorite hardcore-punk band, Pierce The Veil. Nah, everyone is going collabos with them, these days. I turned off my alarm and started getting ready for my day. Aah, the working....

~ x ~

When I got out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around my body and started letting my hair drip dry. As I was looking for something to wear, my phone rang. Ugh...it was work. Answer it professionally, Eli.

"Hello, this is Eli." I say. It was John. He just talked my ear off a bunch. When he was done, I quickly hung up before he decided to say anything else.

~ x ~

"You look nice, Eli." John's son, Kaleb, said. I smiled and nodded, then went up to where I was working today.

~ x ~

John gave me simple instructions. I was to follow them and not screw up, or I would get fired. Ugh...twisting dials, pressing buttons, raising and lowering sound bars. That's my life right now....

~ x ~

"Alright, see you next week." John said, lockin up. "Bye, man." I replied, getting into my car and driving away. It was a pretty open parking lot, so I just pulled out of the spot and drove off. Easy!

As I was driving home, which is taking forever because people are crossing, I noticed something...different of the faces of those people. They were.... emotionless. Like they didn't have a face at all. I just looked at them....

There was a small fog rolling in, but it was covering the way so I couldn't see. All I saw were those people with emotionless expressions walking, and one looked at me. I shut my eyes, hoping it would go away. When I opened them, they were all gone. Turning on my fog lights, I saw them. Was the fog really that thick, or is it black? It like a....a curtian, almost.

I drove forward slowly and, to my surprise, they moved out of the way. What's going on?

~ x ~

When I got home, I locked everything up. All the windows, all the doors, and all my secret hatches. I got rid of the ladder that went to my windows, and put my black out shades up all around my house. That's how scared I was.... Turning the tv on, there was one thing on every single channel. A man wearing a black suit with a black tie, something gross was coming out of his mouth. It was black. The American flag was behind him. Every few seconds, the screen would flash the words "Obey", "Comply", and "Submit". I turned the tv off, but turned it back on. It wasn't even a choice, my finger just went back to the remote and hit the power button. Then, a rock flew through my window. It knocked out one of the black out shades. Dammit! I payed good money for those. I saw a girl with white hair, piercings, and amazing clothes on. "Girl, let me in!" she hollered. I went to the door, leaving the tv on, and unlocked it. She had a baseball bat. "Yes?" I ask. She came in and raised the bat. "Don't watch tv." she said, smashing my flat screen. "What the hell?!" I yelled. "Do you want to become one of those mindless drones?" she asked. "N-No..." I say, slightly scared. "Good. My names Franccesca." she said, smiling slightly. "I'm Eli." I say, shaking her hand. "Grab a weapon you can smash things with. You'll need it." she ordered. I was guess, if I wanted to stay alive, that I have to listen to her. So I did. I ran up to my room and grabbed my steel baseball bat. She smiled at it, nodded. "This good?" I ask. "Perfect." she replied. She handed me a sharp thing, but I denied it. "Do you want those things to get you and make you watch what was on your tv?" she asked, fustrated. "No." I say blankly, taking the sharp item. It looked like a.... "Straight Razor," she said. "Makes them look human again." she informed me. "Alright. Now what?" I ask, looking at her. A smiled played onto her face as she looked at me, then walked out the door. I followed her. "We're going to find the guys." she said, getting into a huge pickup truck. I got into the passenger seat and buckled in. What have a gotten myself into?