~5: Burned at Both Ends~

((Candle that does something terrible))

~ x ~

Eli's P.O.V

~ x ~

"We're home!" I heard Josh yelled. I heard Chris and Franccesca laughing. "We're up in my room playing video games." Ricky yelled. Him and I laughed as I blew up our own base in the game. "You idiot, why did you do that?" Ricky asked, looking at me. I just smiled and kept laughing. He was getting slightly fustrated, but he didn't show it. "I'm sorry, Ricky. It's just funny." I said in a calm tone. He nodded and smiled, looking at me. "Come on, I want to show you something." he said, getting up and walking to the door. I ran to him, and he grabbed my hand. We started walking downstairs to the basement, when we were stopped by Chris. "What are you two kids doing?" he asked. "Showing her my candle set in the basement." Ricky said as we continues walking. Chris just nodded and smiled. "He only does that to girls he cares about." Josh whispered, but I heard it. I laughed slightly at Josh's faint "Ow!" as Chris hit him. I wonder why Ricky wants to show me a candle set....

When we got in the basement, he shit the door and went to a medium sized table. "Watch this." he said, smiling at me. He took out a lighter and lit a candle wick that made the other wicks light themselves. "Wow..." I say as he turned the lights off. The candles still lite the room a little bit. It was so beautiful. "Do you like it?" he asked, looking at me. "Yeah, I do. It's amazing." I said, smiling slightly. Then, slowish music started playing. "Good, I'm glad." he replied, taking my hands in his. I don't know what he was doing, but I kind of liked it. "Dance with me?" he asked sweetly. "I'd love to." I reply, smiling up at him. Even with the platform shoes, I'm still really short. He put his hands on my hips, so I put mine on his shoulders. He smiles down at me, making me have to hide my face. I blushed so hard, I couldn't let him see it... I then smelled something burning. "Ricky, what's that smell?" I ask, sniffing the air. "Oh god." he said, running to the table of candles. I ran up to everyone else. "Guys, grab everything you can. There's a fire!" I yelled, running to Ricky's and my room, grabbing all of our stuff, makeup and all, and putting it in one huge bag. I ran out and saw everyone putting things in cars. I put mine and Ricky's stuff in his car, waiting for him. The smell of the candle would attract some attention, so we had to leave quickly. "Where's Chris?" Ricky asked, running out of the house. "I don't know. He was probably waiting for everyone to get out of the house, he's that much of a dad to all of us." Josh said. I ran back in to find him. "Chris!" I yelled. "Eli?" he asked, running towards me. "Oh god, we need to get out of here!" I say. We ran towards the door successfully making it out before the door frame came down on us. I ran to Ricky, scared as hell. "Thank god, you're safe. I don't know what I'd do without you..." Ricky said, holding me close, running his fingers through my hair. He put me in the car and buckled me in, going to the other side and did the same for himself. We didn't talk for hours....

~ x ~

"Eli, are you ok? You're really quiet." Ricky said, looking at me. "I'm fine." I lied. I really didn't want to talk about anything. "Don't lie to me, sweetheart." he said, watching the road. He took my hand as he drove, making me look at him. "We'll be there soon. We can talk, then. Okay?" he asked. "Fine..." I replied, looking out the window. We're in front of Chris and Franccesca, and there was someone behind us. "What the hell?" Ricky asked, looking in the mirror. "What?" I ask. "We're in trouble." he said. Ricky honked three time, making Chris speed up the car, and we sped up. The car behind us went faster, as well. I started getting scared, but we pulled into the parking lot of a hotel. The car behind us did the same. They got out of the car and started yelling at all of us to get out of the cars. Ricky nodded, saying that it would be ok. I got out the same time the Ricky did, and I rushed over to him. He grabbed my hand protectively, making it known that he cares a great deal about me. "Where's Josh?" Ricky asked. "I don't know..." I reply quietly. "Search them. We must find the girl known as Elizabeth!" a girl said. Ricky held me close with no sign of letting go of me. "I won't let them touch you. You're mine, and no one can have you." Ricky said, kissing my cheek. "It's her!" a guy yelled, running to me. He grabbed me, trying to pull me away. I looked around and found Chris and Franccesca unconscious on the ground. I was so angry right now. "No!" I screamed, and a light came out of no where. "She doesn't recognize us, Kyle." the girl said, grabbing him away from me. Wait, Kyle? I didn't have time to call out to them, they had already ran away. Ricky had me in his arms once again, makig me feel safe. "I will never let anyone touch you!" he said, burying his face in my neck. I smiled at his warm breathe on my skin. "Guys, that's your room." Chris said, pointing to a room upstairs. Ricky picked me up and carried me up to it, opening the door carefully. This is what a bride a groom does when they get home from their wedding, isn't it? Huh...

~ x ~

We found a bunch of horror movies and video games in the hotel room, so we were just being lazy. They were all our favorites, too. "What movie do you want to watch first?" I asked, looking back at him as I flip through them all. "What is there to watch?" he asked. I looked at a few that we both may like. "Three of our favorites. Friday the 13th, Evil Dead, and Evil Dead 2." I reply, looking at him. "Let's watch Friday the 13th!" he said happily. I put it in and it instantly started playing, no set up needed. I ran to the bed a laid by Ricky, cuddling up to him.

~ x ~

"Wake up, Eli. It's time to eat." Ricky said shaking me lightly. I sat up and smiled, looking at him. He kissed my nose softly. "Ok. Give me a few." I say, nodding slightly. "Alright. I'll lay with until then." he said, laying down and pulling me onto his chest. I think I'm in love with Ricky...