Chapter 2: The Warrior

Third Person

As she was walking up the stairs, a couple of eyes followed her vision. Were they dreaming? In front of them was an undeniably beautiful angel, but behind her appearance, she is an angel with a shotgun.

Everyone in this school knew her. She was the attractive, smart, sexy, — perfect, way to sum it up all.

She took a step, and was about to take one more, when a familiar man appeared in front of her. "Hey," he greeted.

She faked a smile and greeted him back, "Hey." He smiled, rather sweetly, with lust, and, maybe love, evident in his dark eyes. "Missed me?" He asked, in a seductive tone, but instead she made her fake smile even broader.

"Couldn't you just forget the past, Seth? I'm not the weak girl you knew before, the girl who used to beg you to love her. Sorry, not sorry," she remarked, then made her way up to the stairs when a strong hand pulled her arm.

"Iyana, I... I'm sorry... Could we just forget everything and start —"

"Excuse me? Iyana's dead. Now please remove your hands of me," she said rather bluntly. She didn't bother to look back and continued to walk, head up.

'Well, people just appreciate your worth when you prove something.' She thought. She brushed that thought off at once and entered the classroom.

Everyone smiled and made way for her until she reached her seat. She just stared outside the window, getting a view of the sunrise and the trees in the school garden.

Then a thought flashed her mind. The past. The old her. The weak Warrior.

Back then, she was just this cheerful girl. She was attractive as well, and there came a time when love knocked on her heart.

She gladly accepted it but...

Love also left her, and made her the worst person she could be.

She begged love to come back, but nothing seemed to work. After months of crying, she realized she was tired of getting hurt. She was tired of being second, she was tired of not being a choice.

Then it all started there. She fought back, she revenged, and got herself what's right. She improved and believed in herself. She learned to love herself, before loving others.

And now, the person who she begged to stay was now the one begging her to come back. But no, she was tired. She was fucked off. And she doesn't believe in love anymore.

"Hailee, andito na pala yung mga papeles na pinapirma mo sa members ng combative sports. Next month na daw yung field trip, pag pumayag yung facilitators." A girl said, making her lose her attention to what is going on outside.

"Sige, ako na bahala magpaalam kay Mr. Custodio. Pag napapirma ko na, papayag na din yung mga facilitators." She answered.

The girl smiled and nodded and went to her seat, and fixed the folder she was showing earlier.

She was waiting for someone, a friend of hers, to arrive at the classroom. Her friend was always earlier than her, so she wondered where would she be by now.

She wandered her gaze to the door and outside, she got a view of the person she was waiting outside. 'Why is she still there?' She asked herself.

She approached the door, so as to see a pissed off look from the girl. "What happened?" She motioned.

"Don't you remember? Seryoso?" She mumbled under her breath, but clear enough for them both to hear it.

"Oh, nalipat ka nga pala sa 12N. Last section, and undeniably the worst," she commented to her companion.

"Thanks for reminding," she replied sarcastically.

"Always welcome," she replied back. "But no, seriously, parang may mas malalang nangyari?"

The started walking, and they both knew na pupunta sila sa library.

"Well, there was these people na tinapunan ako ng itlog, but I easily dodged without effort. Dalawa oa nga yon eh," paninimula niya. I giggled at the word "itlog", hays, itong babaeng 'to talaga.

"Then a curly-haired girl suddenly pipped up aand kept on saying 'teritoryo naming 'to', blah, blah. Then a guy who tried doing sexual harassment, but you know I wouldn't let him do that kaya ayon binalibag ko."

She kept listening. Madaldal siya pagdating sa kanila, pero sigurado siya na sa classroom nila, tahimik at bored lang any expression niya.

"But fuck, nahirapan akong gawin sa kanya yon. One of the hardest siguro siya pay makakalaban ko. I'm sure, during that time, di niya talaga ginamit lahat ng lakas niya, and yet, nahirapan ako sa atake ko."

"Then...?"

"I gave him a silver badge—"

"What?!" 

"Don't tell me di ka naglinis ng tenga," she commented bluntly.

"Why did you give him that?" She asked, as if panicking.

"You know why. And besides, we got tons of those. Para naman mabawasan." She said in her normal bored expression.

"Yeah right." She rolled her eyes.

They entered the library and each grabbed a book. It seemed like their sister influenced them in reading books. There was a complete silence until they sensed something.

Someone was watching them.

The slowly stood up and felt the atmosphere.

"He left," she said.

"By the way," she started, "babalik ka na ba sa section N?" Her companion gave her a glare, telling her 'no'. "You should now, you've got no choice," she grinned.

"Ugh, I hate you," she started walking to the other direction, which led to the corridor in section N. It was a shortcut, rather than taking up five minutes using the other way.

She went her own way as well, as usual, she was in the star section, where her companion used to be having classes, but now she was going to enjoy a year in 12N.

She continued walking silently, as silently as possible. She always did. She approached the door and slowly swung it open.

She didn't bother to notice her surroundings and headed to her chair.

'I'm the warrior. I fight. I kill. Don't dare to bring me into the war.'

------

Thank you very much! Please don't forget to vote
this story and to follow my account!

You can also add or follow my FB account,
@Yunna Ynamorata

Thank you very much!