Ring

"I don't get the point of this" He sighed from boredom and realizing his lollipop was almost finished, he pulled out the soggy stick and replaced it with a new sugary treat.

"Brother I recommend you stay quiet for now. The sooner this is over with the sooner we could go back to True Cross, yes~?" Mephisto cooed as he knew why his brother was growing impatient.

Growling, Amaimon leaned back in his seat averting his eyes to someplace else while the room grew silent.

"Usually meetings like this are only meant for exorcists who are in respectable rankings above middle, but we come to decide on having you take hearing of some situations." Igor says in frustration and disappointment, since he was the only one who didn't fancy the idea of having these demons help them figure out something that could take too long for them to do on their own.

"And what situation would that be, hmm?~" Mephisto said as if he knew what Igor was going to ask since they first got there. With a vein evident on his head, Igor sighed in defeat and averted his eyes to those who got called in for an emergency meeting. Of course, Amaimon was irritated at the fact that he had to leave you for longer than a week for a seemingly pointless meeting. It's already been 3 weeks since he last saw you, and he still didn't understand why it took them so long to go to a secret meeting place just to have a quick conversation.

"We are aware of the barrier that protects True Cross from harm of a demon that tries to come in. But recently in the past month it seemed there's a presence of another demon besides the ones we already know." Igor looked at Amaimon, who was still holding a bored expression upon his face.

Igor's voice soon dimmed down as Amaimon felt a shock go through his left arm. Looking at his hand, he examined the clear ring that was causing the pain to curse through his veins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One day when you came home from an extremely tiring day of school, you noticed your dorm room had looked different.

Amaimon wasn't there sitting and waiting on your bed for you. "Where the heck is this guy" You thought as you started changing out of your of uniform and into comfortable clothes. Right after changing, Amaimon came in through the window without a sound and stood next to you. Not noticing his presence, you jumped the second you turned around.

"Amaimon! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!"

"No."

Sighing, you sat on your bed trying to calm down your racing heart. Amaimon then stood in front of you and got on his knees.

"What are you doing?" You asked, noticing it almost looked like he was about to propose to you.

"Don't worry, It means much more than a human proposal." He said as he slipped something on your finger.

"Eh...? Why can't I see it??" Confused, you looked on the finger he put the ring on, but didn't see anything there. He lightly grabbed your finger and kissed it.

"This ring can't be seen easily by humans, but demons such as I could see it clearly. It warns other demons you are mine, and mine only." He gently started to rub the ring. "Whatever you feel, I'll feel it as well. Anything at all. If another touches you, with bad intentions, I'll know." A growl was heard from deep within his chest and had seized when you jumped on him, wrapping your arms around his neck and hugged him.

"Thank you, Amaimon. I love it."

"But you can't see it."

"I know. But knowing you'll be indirectly be around me, at all times no matter where I'm at, is really comforting."

He held your face between his hands, putting his forehead against yours.

"You'll never be alone"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~End of Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is he even listening?" Igor sighed as he noticed the green-haired demon daydreaming as he was looking at his fingers.

"Ahh, ~Don't worry about him-"

"That's another situation, that deals with Amaimon" Mephisto was cut off as Igor's patience looked like it was running low.

Smiling, Mephisto glanced at Igor and asked as if he didn't know once more, "Oh?~ And what situation would my brother be in?~"

Igor looked at Amaimon then back to Mephisto.

"He turned a human into a demon."