Awkward Drive

*Liam*

I flung myself onto my bed. They're getting.... Married. I punched the wall angrily. I didn't even care that my knuckles were starting to bleed. I just kept punching the wall.I punched until I heard a crack. It was either my hand or the wall. Maybe even both. But now I was too ashamed to look. An overpowering sense of weakness came over me.

"Li?" I heard a voice say from outside the door. His voice.

"Yeah Lou?" I asked, trying to keep my voice steady, but failing miserably.

"Open the door, Liam." he pleaded. And no matter how much I protested with myself to not get up and open that door, I found myself turning the knob with my good hand.

"Liam I was going to ask if-" the moment he looked down at my hand he stopped dead in his tracks. Was it really that bad? He gingerly reached out but pulled back before he actually touched me. What would he think of me now?

"Does it... Hurt?" I scoffed. I wanted to say 'More than you can imagine' but then I wouldn't be talking about my hand.

"Yeah. It does." I choked out.

"Why on earth would you try and harm your gorgeous self, Li?" he asked as he dragged me out of my room towards the bathroom. He was probably going to have to take me to the hospital.

"gorgeous? As if." I mumbled.

"You are, Li! I'm sure Dani tells you it enough..." he said as he dragged me.Danielle.. As if. We were just friends. We only acted like a couple because we were both hiding a secret. She was madly in love with this girl she told me about, Eleanor. She just wasn't ready to come out yet. Typical that I did the same thing.

"yeah... But me and Dani have been having problems.." I sighed. Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

"She'll come around." he smiled as he turned on the tap. I winced when he put my hand over the running water. "Shit.." he mumbled.

"Watch your language." I said, trying to control my voice. He started laughing as he reached for the first aid kit.

"Even in this situation, you scold me." he shook his head. I felt myself laugh too. Though I didn't really want to. I just couldn't help it. He wrapped my hand carefully. "Didn't know you had it in you Li." he murmured as he tightened the last bit of gauze wrap around my hand. He fetched for his coat and car keys.

"Sorry." I managed to mutter as he lead me outside.

"Don't worry about it," Louis smiled sadly. " what made you do it?" I didn't want to answer that question. I felt so ashamed. I couldn't just say 'I'm jealous of what you have with Harry' so I bit hard on my cheek and thought of something to say.

"Something with Dani?" he tried while opening the car doors. I nodded numbly. I didn't like lying to him but in all honesty, it seemed like my only choice.

"Yeah. Me and her just aren't getting along too well now. Maybe me and her weren't meant to be?" I said, trying desperately to stop our conversation, slipping onto the cold car seat.

"Yeah, now you should just date me and Harry." he laughed. I tried to laugh too but I couldn't help but feel so broken on the inside. He turned on the car and it roared to life. I started to shift uncomfortably as he glanced over every once in a while. The drive was quiet and to be honest, really awkward. But it was better than talking to Louis. I was aching to get out of the car. I felt so... Trapped...

*Flashback*

"I'm assigning you to my son, Second in command." Mr. Malik said to me with a smile. Though it seemed more menacing considering it actually looked like a grimace. "You will be moving in with my son and his accomplice Louis Tomlinson." I didn't say anything. I just nodded. There was no point in saying anything anyways. I had no other options. But he seemed to like when I didn't say anything so I guess whatever made him happy I was to do. Just follow orders and I would be fine. He waved his hand, dismissing me. I walked out swiftly, not looking back no matter how much I wanted to protest. I was scared. Scared of what his son would be like. Scared of how he would treat me. And what about this accomplice? What if they found out I was about as straight as a circle. What if they hated me? I started feeling like some teenage girl the day before her first day of high school so I just tried to shake the thoughts out of my head.