That sinking feeling

*Liam*

We had been playing any video game that we picked up at random. To be honest, it was really fun. we were just goofing off and being guys.

"WE'RE HOOOOOME!!!" I heard as the front door swung open.I looked up to see Harry and Louis looking very happy and my heart dropped. I thought I would be fine but there was a sinking feeling in my stomach when I saw them.

"You wanna help me find the bathroom, Li?" Josh asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. We had offered him to spend the night here. I kind of forgot, I guess. I led him to the bathroom across the hall from my room.

"I hope you don't mind having to sleep with me tonight. We're kind of low on space." I murmured, before I started to head out again.

"Uhm, Liam, wait." Josh called out, grabbing my wrist to pull me back. "Look at me, please." He lifted my chin so that I was looking into his eyes. "It's him, isn't it. The one in the stripe shirt. He's the one you like." I sighed and closed my eyes for a long couple of seconds before looking at him again.

"Yeah. The one in the stripes. Louis." He brushed a tear from my cheek. I hadn't even realized I had been crying.

"Who's the curly haired one?" He asked,

"His fiance... Harry. They've been together for, as they say, 2 and a half years."

"And you're still not over it..." Josh whispered, pulling me into a hug. "That's really sweet." I tried not to scoff. It was terrible, not sweet. He let go and looked at me like he had something to say. But instead he smirked at me.

"Uhm... What?" I asked in confusion as he tried not to laugh.

"Erm.. I was going to shower, remember? Give me about 20 minutes and I'll come out so that we can derp around and blast music." He smiled. "I promise we can stay up all night. gossiping about anything that comes to mind like a couple of teenagers fangirling over the latest boy band or something." he joked as he started taking his shirt off. Erm, awkward.

"Towels on the rack." I laughed as I walked out of the bathroom. I was going to go to myroom until I heard noise. That was probably still the boys.

"So soon?" It was Zayn no doubt who had said that. I walked in and took a seat next to him on the sofa.

"The wedding." Louis said excitedly. "Its July 23rd." He sent Harry a loving smile, to which he returned. Zayn glanced my way, a look of sympathy in his eyes.

"But... thats in 5 month..." God I felt like utter crap.

*Josh*

It felt good to take a shower. I mean, showers where the best places to think. And wank, but I wasn't going to do that here. That would be really... weird and gross. I wrapped the towel around my waist and stepped out of the steaming bathroom and across the hall to Liams room. I walked in and saw Liam just laying there groaning angrily into his pillow.

"You okay?" I asked. Yeah Josh, because people that were feeling okay liked to do that kind of stuff..

"July 23rd... And I'm the best man.." he said, turning his head so that he could look at me.

"How about you get me a pair of boxers and we talk about it?" I suggested. He laughed softly and got up to go rummage through his drawers. He handed me a pair of plaid red and black Calvin Klein.

"Ooohhh, colors. Nialler mainly has white boxers. Or green." I stated nonchalontly as I slipped into the boxers.

"Erm...." he had a questioning look on his face. Oh gosh how embarrassing.

"Well.. uhm. We are best friends so yeah we've spent the nights at each others house. Duh." I jokingly pushed him and we laughed, falling upon the cushioned pillows that laid on his soft bed. I turned to look at him. I found myself getting caught in his chocolate brown eyes.

"Thanks Josh. For helping me." He whispered, leaning over to shut off the lights. I hadn't realized how late it had been getting. I suddenly felt really tired.

"Uhm, no problem really. I had loads of fun today." I said happily. He grabbed me and hugged me closer to him. I inhaled his scent. It was sweet and calming. I felt myself falling in more than just sleep.

"Goodnight Liam." I said as my eyelids drooped.

"Goodnight Josh." He replied, pulling me closer as I slipped into the darkness.

*Zayn*

Niall and I had drifted back to our room after that announcement. Niall seemed to feel some sort of tension in the room before Liam and Josh left. I wanted to tell Liam that it would be okay. And then Louis suggested that Liam be his best man because he Liam had 'helped face a lot of problems in the past 2 years' Liam looked so broken at that point. It made me want to punch Lou in the face but I couldn't blame him.

"Babe?" Niall asked, looking up vacantly at the ceiling. Im guessing he was just staring at how the light from the window was illuminating the dark room.

"Yeah?" I asked, folding one arm behind my head for comfort and the other around Niall. He had been quiet for a while and I was relieved to hear him talking. Something about his voice was soothing. But this time it was different. He sounded so soft, much like a worried child.

"Why is Liam so sad about Lou and Harry?" He asked cautiously, playing with his fingers. I grabbed his hand and started entwining my fingers with his. He turned his head up to look at me.

"Because sometimes love is cruel." I replied lightly. I felt his light feathery hair rub up against my jaw and smiled to myself. He seemed to quiet down at this comment. Though I knew he still had a few questions.

"Have you ever felt like that? Y'know.. Jealous?" He asked after a few minutes. I looked into his gorgeous blue eyes. He tried to look away but I wouldn't let him.

"In the past when I had crushes. But nothing like now. Something just feels right about you, Niall."

"We haven't known each other for that long. How can you be so sure?"

"I'm not. But for once, I'm not thinking. I'm just feeling." I said softly. He sighed and leaned into me. "Sometimes you just close your eyes and enjoy the roller coaster that is life." He chuckled at my reply.

"Well we'll just have to enjoy that roller coaster some other time. Good night Zayn." He smiled as his eyes began to slowly close. Even after I heard his soft snoring I stayed up. I wanted to savor the moment. There hadn't been anything in my life that felt as perfect as right now. I zoned into the sound of Niall's snoring until I finally felt myself falling asleep.

A/N: I'm an awful person, I know. I'm so so so so so sorry that I give you such a horrible chapter after such a long time! I wasn't able to upload and when I thought I did, I didn't. There was a little more to this chapter but it wasn't saved so.. Erm I dunno. Feedback?