Project Hybrid

Project Hybrid 

by Rue Hamilton

Eighteen-year-old Rylan Castilla has everything he ever wanted. A loving, caring mate. He's the future Alpha of Howl Falls, Florida. He has many friends, and nothing can stand in his way of a happy ending. That is until one of the most dangerous prisoners in Howl Falls escapes, and his mate is killed.

Destined to avenge his mate and protect his future clan, Rylan sets out to find the prisoner who escaped -- Athan Solano, a vampire-werewolf hybrid. But upon finding Athan, he discovers a terrifying truth about Howl Falls. 

With a war calling for justice for Athan, Rylan must choose whether to stand with Athan and all the consequences that come with it or stand by his father, the Alpha. A choice he must make on his own before others decide for him.  

A E S T H E T I C S 

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

The King of Blood and Hearts

The Moon Goddess doesn't want me as her son. She has no plan for me. But, I think the stars meant for us to collide.

❞

The Romantic

We'll always have something that transcends the Moon. Something real, never forced upon us by some deity that exists only in the culture of wolves.

☾

D E D I C A T I O N

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

✬ to those who challenge tradition

✬ to those who were unsatisfied with The Twilight Saga

✬ to those who enjoyed Interview with the Vampire

✬ to the hopeless romantics

D I S C L A I M E R

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

This book is marked "Mature" for the following:

✬ Strong language throughout

✬ Strong sexuality throughout

✬ Presentation of strong themes that may be triggering -- (look for a ⚠️ to signal if you're in a triggering chapter or if the next chapter will have one) throughout

✬ Representation of mental health issues (Again look for ⚠️) throughout

✬ Some violence throughout

✬ Depictions of gore throughout

Please read with discretion.

NOTES

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

For all of you who decide to read, please note that Project Hybrid is in its third rewrite. I'm so excited to get to experience these characters. When I first wrote Project Hybrid way back in the day, I had certain opinions of my characters. In the second version, I got tangled with the sixth chapter and took a break from it until I realized the plot was a little messed up. 

I won't lie. This story has a lot of messed-up points. Life is messy. And not everyone gets a favorable life; they should, but unfortunately, there are some real villains in this world who make our lives difficult. 

And for those of you who read the original version of Project Hybrid (you still can -- it's up), I will say that you played a significant role in this rewrite; I know you will all have your opinions on the romance of the story; I also have mine. One of my weaker points on the first try was that I might not have sold the best romance; one of you mentioned not taking too kindly to a particular love interest. Even though I write for myself, I must take responsibility as an author for not providing a convincing case. 

Otherwise, this will be a chaotic story, climbing through the ups and downs of life. Be prepared for twists. I put a lot of research into some subplots.

- Rue Jay Hamilton

xoxo