Important.

❌Warning! This chapter contains some triggering content such as unwanted sexual actions. I suggest once you see the red x to stop reading and skip to the next chapter. Thank you for reading and enjoy.

On the other side of town. Detective Reed was just opening his eyes from being attacked. He looked around in a daze. Half of his head was filled with images of the last moment he saw before the blackness. The other half was pounding like the kick he took to the face. Gavin tried to sit up, but pain shot through his back. Making him fall back with a groan that was cut when he bit his bottom lip. His shoulder started to ache, hihis calf pulsing, and his throat sore like he took a hard swallow of life. Hard and swollen. His eyes searched the room before it landed on the door. It was open and chatter was coming from the hall. He couldn't hear it clear enough to make out if it was about him. He tried once again to sit up properly, but fell back with a cough and loud groan. The commotion in the hallway stopped and footsteps came into the room. There standing at the foot of the bed was Connor.

"I see you are having a hard time Detective." He walked swiftly to his side and picked up a remote. The bed slowly help Gavin sit up.

"Give it to me straight, do I look like shit? " He cleared his throat as he looked at Connor.

"Detective Reed, you have been brutally beaten. Other then the head damage, bruise marks on your neck, wrap up shoulder, leg, and small cut on your cheek. You have a black eye, cut lip, and your nose seems to be slightly swollen. "He tilt his head side to side to find anything else wrong. "Other than that you look like you did already. "

"Like shit. " He chuckled and wince slightly from the pain that traveled through him.

"The Lieutenant sent me here to check on you. He is taking over your work and Tina is helping her. "

"Tell them both that I will buy them a drink or something. I just need to get better and report that asshole. " He thought about what had happened and remembered most of it. There were some blank moments, but most of it was there.

"I can take your statement right now while your memory is fresh. "

Connor was about to pull up a chair till Nines came in. He looked at Reed and then at Connor. He moved over to Connor and stared down at Reed with grey cold eyes. Reed's jaw tightened as he knew that Nines had something planned.

"RK900 also known as Nines. What are you doing here? "

"I came to tell you Connor that Lieutenant Anderson has requested that you come back to the station. "

"I- he told me that he had it all covered. I was about to take Detective Reed's statement about the incident-"

"I will take it and you can head back to help Anderson. I will give you his statement after I get back. "

His stare seem to almost cut into Reed like daggers. Making him uncomfortable and his stress level slowly going up as he tries to remain calm. Connor could tell what was happening and looked at Nines.

"I will not be going back. I can see that you make the Detectives blood pressure rise. I recommend you leave. " He stands tall making his chest pop out to show his strength and confidence.

"I have taken care of an Android before. So I recommend leaving. " His eyes moved to Connors and almost made him shrink with fear.

"Do your worst. " Reed finally spoke. He held the remote that Connor had used and had his thumb hovering over the help button.

Nines looked at him with no fear. It was only filling with hate and pain. He took a step towards Reed and Connor press his arm against him to stop him. His jaw tighten for a moment before relaxing and putting on a smile. He had a plan for Connor. He turned and left the room quietly. Heading down the hallway to where he was out of ear shot.