part four (4)

if you couldn't tell sometimes i go back into my stories and edit them just a bit

"Japan?" America called out, searching the garden for her. He left her wandering off and was just now regretting his irresponsibility. The garden was so big, she could just about be anywhere.

Father would kill me if I lost her, America thought to himself. He really hoped nothing bad happened to her. If something did, it would be his fault, and his father would not be pleased. America quickly turned a corner and was overcome with relief when he saw Japan crouching near a bush.

"Ah! There you are America-san," Japan smiled when she saw America. "I was wondering where you wandered off to."

America laughed and scratched his neck, ignoring Japan's comment. "So, why'd you call me over here?" He asked, changing the topic.

Japan's ears perked up as she remembered what she called America over for. "Ah, yes! Come over here, I want to show you something," She answered, scooching over and patting the ground, signaling for America to come sit next to her.

America walked over to Japan and squatted next to her. "Alright, what are we looking for?" He said, glancing at the bush.

Japan excitedly pointed at a leaf. America leaned in closer to Japan and squinted his eyes to see what she was pointing at. His eyes widened when he realized what it was. "A ladybug?" He said, raising a brow.

Japan quickly nodded her head up and down. "Mhm!"

America gritted his teeth. "Was that all you wanted to show me?" He was a bit annoyed at Japan's childishness. He thought she was in trouble, but instead, she wanted to show him a dumb ladybug.

Japan's ears lowered and her smile faltered. "Well, haven't you heard? Ladybugs are a sign of good luck!"

Of course I know that, America thought to himself, restraining from making it a sarcastic remark.

When America was younger, he was very superstitious. He believed in all sorts of things, such as lucky numbers and fortune cookies. He used to visit the garden a lot to search for ladybugs and four-leaf clovers. He had a collection of good luck charms, such as a rabbit's feet and horseshoes. But his favorite superstition was making wishes. Whenever America had the opportunity, he would make a wish. Whether it was blowing out candles on a birthday cake or breaking a wishbone, he would always find joy in making wishes. But as America grew older, he started to realize that his wishes never came true. He stopped believing in good luck charms and started thinking that superstitions were childish.

America stared blankly at the ladybug. The bug's wings suddenly fluttered open and it started flying. America secretly panicked as the bug landed on him.

"Ahh! The ladybug landed on you! Make a wish," Japan squealed, excitedly pointing at America's shoulder, where the ladybug had landed.

America rolled his eyes. He didn't see the point in doing something so childish, but he decided it wouldn't hurt to try.

I wish something exciting would happen.

---

"Do we know anyone named Russia?" America asked his brother, Canada. He and his brother were currently changing into more comfortable clothing. America had spent the whole day outside with Japan in a garden wearing a tuxedo. It was a very hot day, and America couldn't wait to change out of his very sweaty suit.

"Russia?" Canada pondered. "The name sounds familiar, but it's not ringing any bells."

America nodded. Just what I thought.

Although America was chatty and extroverted, Canada still knew more people than him (and actually remembered people's names). If America didn't know somebody, he would ask his brother. But it seemed as though Canada didn't know who Russia was, or at least didn't remember. Something was awfully familiar about the russian, the only question was what.

America was stumped. He hated the idea of not knowing any other information about Russia except his name. The next thing America could do was ask his father who Russia was, but he did not want to do that.

America explored his thoughts as he headed downstairs to watch a movie with his brother, hoping that the film would be able to take his mind off of Russia.

But it wasn't any good. America thought about Russia the entire time.

When the movie ended, Canada and America headed back upstairs to their separate rooms.

"Good night," Canada yawned before going into his bedroom.

"'Night," America replied. He walked into his room and fell onto his bed, melting into the warmth of his pillows.

He thought about Russia all night.

---

i don't really like my characterizations of my characters but heY that's life

6/9/2019