A Dark Time.

I look into his swirling blue eyes as he changed into a form that reminded me of a Wolf Drake. I had only two questions.

"Why me?" I was surprised at how calm  I sounded. I had only been a host for a foreign being once before and that one was not a freindly one.

"YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE IN A THOUSAND YEARS TO BE POWERFUL ENOUGH AND HURT ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO CONTROL THE POWER THAT I GIVE. THE POWER OVER GATEWAYS BETWEEN THIS WORLD AND THE OTHERS."

"How does it happen?"

There was the sense of a smile emanating from all around me. "SIMPLY STAND STILL WHERE YOU ARE AND I WILL TAKE CARE OF THE REST, LITTLE ONE"I nodded. and waited. Suddenly there was the sensation of cords being cut around me. I tensed out of reflex. "Relax." My head jerked torwards Geb who had spoken directly into my head. I breathed in and out slowly. When I was ready I nodded, saying that I was ready. Suuddenly there was a strange filling sensation in my head. I gazed into Fates  golden mist like body as it swirled into a funnel around me. A roaring sound filled my head as it began to fly into me through my hands, feet and chest. Pain struck in each of those places. Nothing I couldn't deeal with though. Abruptly the swirling cloud vanished. I gasped for air but didn't fall  on to my knees yet. I could sense that it wasn't over yet.

As soon as that thought swept through my head there was an explosion, sending golden flames roiling out from where I stood. Power struck me from all sides as energy slammed into the ground in front of me, coalescing into a dragon that held nothing but hatred for me. I growled at it just before it sent a wave of flame to strike me in my throat. "You need to defeat him first." Fates voice said into my mind. I grinned as sadistic glee filled me at the thought of another fight do soon after the last one. Summoning my scythe, I asked, "Any particular way I should do it?" He responded by spawning three Elves in front of me. I blinked, "Seriously, sunmmoning?"

"YEP."

Growling under my breath, I summoned a team of Goblin Raiders to start harassing the dragon. As soon as they started I spawned a group of Fire Spirits to bombard it with fireballs. I spun the scythe in a slow circle and sliced it to one side sending a call to my familiar. As soon as the beacon had faded away a completely white eagle the size of a small car appeared over my head. I repeated the gesture only in the other direction causing a completely black eagle of the same size to appear over the white one. I repeated the gesture once more only slicing downwards instead of to the sides. Immediately a grey eagle twice the size of the other two appeared between them. I snarled, the signal for them to attack  the dragon. I kept sending different kinds of troops to attack the creature in massive numbers. I smiled when the  dragon finally lost to the overwhelming mass of warriors.

Suddenly the dust surrounding us changed to black and the dragon turned into a man with a scythe that looked almost exactly like me. Only difference was he didn't have a face.

"Same deal?"

"ONLY THE DEFEAT HIM PART. YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY FIGHT HIM FACE TO FACE."

"OK."

And with that we both lept forward, blades hissing through the air, eager for blood. I struck faster than him and eended the battle in one blow, sending his blood spraying across the floor. I was prepared for the changing colors this time. This time they changed to purple.

And this time waiting in the middle of the room stood a motherfucking Lich.

"Magic?"

"MAGIC."

I simply looked over at the Lich and sent a blast of Nidhogg Fire at him.

He didn't stand a chance.

"YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE TESTS. AND MUCH, MUCH FASTER THAN MY LAST HOST." Fate said with an amused tone to his voice. Suddenly a cup appeared directly in front of me. Inside it was a liquid that I immediately knew was what I would need to ingest to become his host. I sighed and picked it up. Bottoms up, I thought. 

It tasted like rubber. And thenn it tasted like warm marshmallows.

In other words, it. was WEIRD.