twenty nine

3 days later...

august 19, 2017

chaeyoung's pov

today, I went to his house to see him after discharging from the hospital but he wasn't there.

I knocked on the door and someone appeared right in front of me, it was his sister, yejin unnie.

I was the first one to know about his accident, which might be a bit cruel to his sister.

third person pov

"chaeyoung?" what are you doing here?" she said as she looked at rosé, not even hesitating to ask her.

"I just wanted to visit junhoe" she said.

"junhoe? oh, he's not here" yejin said.

"ah really? I thought he discharged from the hospital already?" chaeyoung said.

"come inside" yejin said, gesturing her to go inside the house.

the both of them sat on the couch, in front of the small coffee table. yejin sat beside her and she suddenly broke the silence.

"actually, there's something I need to tell you, rosie" she said facing at the girl.

chaeyoung felt her heart racing again, she was nervous and worried about what was going to happen.

"what is it?" rosé said, trying her best not to sound nervous.

"we're going back to the US, rosie."

"I'm sorry but for now, this is the best thing for us to do." yejin said.

rosé was traumatized and she didn't know how to react, she felt her heart skipped a beat.

"I think it's the best if you guys"

"break up." yejin added.

chaeyoung tried her best to hold her tears back, she didn't want to cry in front of her but she couldn't control herself.

tears started falling from her cheeks and she felt her heart broken into pieces.

"im sorry"

"I didn't want this to happen either but this is the only thing we can do." yejin explained.

"all the memories you treasured with him are gone and"

"he no longer remembers you so I think it's better if you separate paths." yejin continued.

"I can't, he's the only person that made me happy throughout the years, I can't loose him. I can't-" chaeyoung said but even before she finished her sentence, she already broke into tears.

yejin tried her best to comfort the girl but there was no other way of turning back. It was the only way they could think of so they had to break up.

"can I at least see him for the last time?" chaeyoung said.

"please." she added.

a hour passed by and yejin came to the airport with chaeyoung.

the both of them went to the airport since chaeyoung requested her to let her see him for one last time.

they sneaked in a small space and rosé saw junhoe, dressed in a black shirt with a long brown coat.

"he never changed." she whispered to herself.

a few minutes passed by and yejin had to go to junhoe already.

"it's time." she said.

"you have to go home now chaeyoung." yejin added.

rosie's eyes was still fixed on the boy, she was staring at him for the whole time and she couldn't help but say goodbye as well.

"im sorry for everything" rosé said.

"bye"

rosé ran and she went out of the airport.

she was traumatized about what happened, so she couldn't think straight.

she crossed the streets but then a loud screech was heard.

her vision went black and she couldn't see anything.

• • •

chaeyoung's pov

august 20, 2017

I opened my eyes slowly and the first thing I saw was this familiar ceiling. I was laying on the bed but it was not just any other bed, it was a hospital bed.

I looked around and I noticed someone next to me, there was someone who was sleeping beside me, sitting on the floor.

I looked closely and I saw my sister, alice unnie.

I remember her, but why does it feel like I don't remember why I'm here?

ㅡ c (릭스)