Chapter Ten|The First Match

Fred and George woke up energized for the first quidditch match of the season. They excitedly ran down to the great hall for a good breakfast.

They ate quickly, causing the rest of their friends to look at them oddly.

"Why are you eating so fast?" asked Leah.

Feed swallowed his food. "Wood wanted us early so we could go over the tactics one more time."

Angelina and Alicia near screamed and began stuffing their faces as well. It was obvious they had forgotten.

Leah, Lee, and Marisol only observed as their friends sped off quickly without leaving a trace of food.

"This ought to be a good game."

It was pouring. The rain and lightning were terrible, but the match went on. Leah had conjured a clear umbrella from her wand to keep her and Marisol somewhat dry.

Marisol had finally put down the books. Leah thought this had meant Marisol was most definitely fine.

They cheered and watched the game. Leah watched the air as all her friends flew around. Angelina and Alicia were flying vigorously, fighting for the quaffle.

"Go Gryffindor!" Marisol cheered. Leah looked up to see Fred and George flying around with their bats hitting bludgers.

She excitedly cheered for them and began chanting with the rest of Gryffindor house.

Fred was in the zone. He was hitting bludgers away left and right. He had managed to get one to a chaser from the other team.

He wanted to look over at the stands for just one second but didn't. Fred knew it would take forever to find her in that crowd. There was no time to pull his attention away from the game.

He flew around the field after the bludgers and did his best not to get hit.

The match was intense. Angelina had been flying around with the quaffle. She did a turn to avoid a bludger and scored another goal.

"Ten points to Gryffindor!" shouted Lee, who was commentating the match.

The two seekers chased each other, fighting for the low-flying snitch. Harry and Cedric nudged each other until the snitch flew away, leaving them to go after it.

Oliver Wood defended the goalpost to the best of his ability. Hufflepuff hadn't scored a point against him yet. A quaffle flew to the lower ring, and Oliver quickly flew to kick it out of the way.

The crowd cheered and the quidditch players fed off the energy. They were in for a long, tough game.

The game was still on. Marisol and Leah watched excitedly as the two seekers shot up into the clouds. The end of the game was close as they fought for the golden snitch.

"Let's go, Harry!"

Everyone chanted and awaited for a seeker to come down with the snitch.

But everything soon turned for a worse date when a figure was falling from the sky.

"It's Harry!" Marisol exclaimed. Dementors swarmed the pitch, they flew above the heads of the crowd and quidditch players.

People were screaming, scattered gasps as Harry fell closer to the ground. Marisol screamed and turned away from the scene.

Leah acted quickly and pulled out her wand.

"Arresto Momentum!"

Leah and Marisol steadily walked to the hospital wing. They were told that all their friends had been there for their team.