Chapter 10

Aunt Jill sprayed a flowery smelling conditioner /straightener into my hair and brushed it until it was all straight. My hair had a natural wave to it so I had never seen it this perfectly straight before. It was jarring and so feminine looking it made me more than a little uncomfortable.

When she was done she carefully pulled it up into what Kelli said was a high ponytail.

I had been just putting it in to a manbun or just putting a rubber band around it at the base of my neck when I was trying to still look boyish, but this ponytail was real high on the back of my head and stuck out.

I turned my head left and right and I could feel the ponytail swishing back and forth, lightly brushing the back of my head.

It was held in place with what Kelli called a scrunchie.

I was finding out that Kelli was really good at not only teaching me how to do things but she also taught me the proper words for stuff.

This continued as Aunt Jill went to work applying makeup to my face and Kelli explaining in great detail everything she was doing and why.

Everytime she picked something up, Kelli made a point to explain what it was called and what it's purpose was.

Aunt Jill didn't apply a lot of makeup, just enough to, as she called it, "bring out my best features."

With the last minute addition of a small pair of clipon earrings and a thin gold chain necklace with a tiny heart pendant, I was all done and allowed to look at myself in the mirror.

To say the complete transformation from awkward boy to attractive girl made me uncomfortable was an understatement. I looked so amazing and feminine I began to blush.

"Wow, you really do look beautiful," Kelli said, her voice barely above a whisper. "I can't believe we're saying that about you."

Aunt Jill smiled warmly and nodded in agreement. "Yes, you look gorgeous, sweetie. It's like you're a completely different person."

I felt self-conscious about her comment. "Well, I guess I am a different person," I mumbled, still not quite believing the transformation.

I had figured I'd make an awkward girl at best, but no, aunt Jill had far surpassed that. I was pretty. I looked like the kind of girls I found attractive and that scared the sh!t out of me, because  I knew if I thought that, other guys would too.

"I can't do this aunt Jill. I can't." I announced, beginning to panic.

"Did someone just realize how pretty she is," Kelli asked, stroking my ponytail. "Calm down. It's okay. It's not like we're sending you out alone, to fend for yourself. We'll be right there with you. Besides, you said yourself you wanted to experience it all. All includes finding out what it's like to be attractive and having guys wanting to talk to you."

"That's what I'm afraid of, guys will try to talk to me."

"Actually, you'll find most will look but that's all. They won't have the nerve to actually talk to you. Trust me. Happens to me all the time. Sometimes I just wish they would. Who knows, after a while you might feel the same way."

I doubted it, but what Kelli was saying did help to calm my nerves.

I observed myself again, in the mirror and began turning left and right, taking in the changes.

Aunt Jill took several photos to add to the ones Kelli had been taking all morning.

A couple of the photos were sent to my parents.

Meanwhile, Kelli ran back to her room and returned a minute or so later carrying a small, light pink colored purse with a long thin strap.

She handed it to me and explained, "Here, you'll need something to carry stuff in, things you might need."

"Like what could I possibly need to carry in a purse. I only ever carry a wallet in my pocket," I stated with a look of confusion on my face.

Kelli grinned. "First of all, you have no pocket for your wallet. Second...."

I watched as she then proceeded to load it with a hairbrush, lipstick, a small compact with pressed powder, and an extra hair scrunchy.

She also placed my cellphone in the purse, after switching out my Amazing Spiderman issue no.1 comic book cover phone case for a black one that glowed with "Daddy's Good Girl," across it, in bold pink script lettering.

She then picked my wallet up off the dresser and emptied its contents into a small hot pink pocketbook with little hand drawn hearts all over it and dropped that in the purse as well.

She handed the purse to me and told me to slip my feet into the canvas lowtops on thr floor.

After tying the pink and white striped laces, I followed Aunt Jill and Kelli out towards the door.

"Where's your purse," Kelli inquired.

"Oh, whoops." I announced, realizing I had sat it down to put on the shoes.

Retrieving my purse, I ran to rejoin them at the car.

All during our ride to the mall both Aunt Jill and Kelli kept giving me tips on how to carry myself in an ultra-feminine manner, how to walk, sit, gesture with my hands, all kinds of stuff they said I needed to remember, because it was different from how guys did things and people would notice if I messed up.

Once we were there I would find they were giving me so many tips and pointers that I didn't have time to notice how others were looking at me. Probably for the best since I doubt I would have been able to handle seeing any boys checking me out and definitely didn't want to lock eyes with one to have him smiling at me.

By the end of that first day I was almost able to do these things without thinking about them, but it would be a couple of weeks before I really felt comfortable all the time.