Chapter 6: Memories Drenched in Gasoline

(Third Person Point of View)

"Wait," Bokuto places a hand in front of Sugawara's face. "What the hell did you say?"

Kuroo was astounded. "So basically, he exchanges his beautiful tail to be a fucking human, and Tendou-san makes a deal for it."

Bokuto continues Kuroo's sentence.
"In which Iwaizumi-san has to fall in love with him, or else he'd be better as dead."

"...Yes. Surprisingly quite right."

Hinata swam about. "We have to help Daiou-sama and his Iwaizumi-san, then!"

Kageyama raises a hand. "I agree."

Bokuto grins. "Oya oya?"

Kuroo snickers. "Oya oya oya?"

Sugawara wore a wicked smile.
"Well then, if the kids say so, then we all have to agree, don't we?"

Oikawa sneezes, and snot came out of his nose.

Hanamaki pats his back. "Bless you."

Iwaizumi whacks Oikawa in the head.
"Gross! Matsukawa, tissues please!"

Oikawa scratches his head. "I swear someone is plotting a scheme against me."

Iwaizumi groans. "Well, can you get the hang of it, now?"

Oikawa walked around. Slowly, but steadily. "Yes, Iwa-chan! I think I got the basics covered."

Matsukawa enters Iwaizumi's office with a box of tissues. "Iwaizumi! They're setting up the karaoke again for tonight."

"Huh? What? Why?"

"Apparently, this town has a lantern festival, and tonight's the night."

Oikawa interjects. "Karaoke? What's that?"

Hanamaki looks at him. "Uhh, a device used to generate melody so people can sing."

Oikawa's eyes sparkles. "Oh!! May I try, Iwa-chan? I didn't know you humans sing as well!"

Iwaizumi facepalms. 'This is going to be a disaster.' He thoughts. But with Oikawa looking happy, he couldn't stomach turning him down.

After all, Oikawa looked cute.

The night was loud, filled with fireworks and lots of noise. Festive decorations were also hanged all over.

"Sugawara! The town is hosting the lantern festival again." Bokuto salutes to Sugawara.

"Perfect. Muahahaha!"

"Um, Sugawara, we're not ruining Oikawa's date, okay? We're going to help. Don't sound like as if you're the villain."

"Oh shut up, Bokuto. Hinata! Did you get the rose petals ready?"

"Yes, Suga-san! I asked a little girl off the shore to get some for me."

"Kuroo? The boat?"

Kuroo is snickering. "The fisherman's all drowned, boat is empty, free to occupy, and is now settled ashore."

".... We didn't need to hear the drowned part, Kuroo. Kageyama? Are the fishes ready?"

"... I am not good with creatures so I asked Bokuto-san's help. But it's all great now."

"Perfect! Muahahaha!"

"Sugawara, as I said, we're not ruining Oikawa's date. We're going to help. Don't sound like as if you're the villain."

"Oh just shut up, Bokuto."

Hanamaki and Matsukawa were covering their ears.

"I can only imagine how it is to be with you
From the first day I saw your face I knew this love was true
And you're already taken, nothing I can do
So I can only imagine how it is to be with you