Chapter 9: Burn the Match and Start a Fire

(Third Person Point of View)

Iwaizumi huffs, finding a rather constipated Matsukawa and Hanamaki in his office.

"I very well knew that you were all eavesdropping. So I want to tell you all that I'm not getting married. My father can eat shit. I'm only marrying Tooru. The real Tooru. Wait... Where's Oikawa?"

Hanamaki fidgeted in his seat. "He's gone..."

"What?! Why---"

Hanamaki looks at him in pain.
"He didn't come back earlier, Iwaizumi. He asked us to drop him by the sea but he didn't return... Maybe.. He.. Returned to being a siren..."

Iwaizumi sighs. "That trash, he didn't even bother to say goodbye."

Hanamaki groans defeatedly.
"Jeez, Iwaizumi. Take a hint, will you?"

"Huh?"

Mataukawa sighs in frustration. "Idiot! It was Oikawa who saved you that night! His name is Tooru! It was him! Tooru Oikawa!"

Iwaizumi's mouth hung agape.
"What?!"

Hanamaki pats his back. "It's true, Iwaizumi. His name is Tooru. He is that Tooru who saved you from the sea that fateful night. And he wanted you to know that he loves you."

Iwaizumi covers his face, crouching down, chrystalline tears flowing down from his eyes.

"Fuck, he should've said something."

Oikawa was looking at the reflection of the moon on the waves, playing with the crystal clear water when Bokuto swam up to him.

"Hey, man. What did Tendou say?"

"I need Iwa-chan's blood."

"Well?"

Oikawa looks at him. "What do you mean, well?"

"Go back home, Oikawa."

And from that sentence, Oikawa knew that Bokuto wanted him to do it.

"I.... Yes, Kou-chan."

"Okay. I'll see you."

"Be with you soon, Kou-chan."

Bokuto smiled at him as he swam back underwater. Oikawa waddled back to the shore.

He felt the cold breeze blowing the strands of his hair.

"This night is cold in the kingdom
I can feel you fade away."

Oikawa felt the tears flowing down again.

For once, the moon, the stars, and the sea listened to his siren's song.

"I was a liar
I gave into the fire
I know I should've fought it
At least I'm being honest
Feel like a failure
'Cause I know that I failed you
I should've done you better

She gives you everything but boy I couldn't give it to you 
And I know,
That you got everything
But I got nothing here without you

So one last time
I need to be the one who takes you home
One more time
I promise after that, I'll let you go."

He reached for the North Star.

"I love you, Iwa-chan."

Iwaizumi was stressed. He couldn't calm down.

"Why the fuck didn't he say something? That idiot... I swear to hell..."

Iwaizumi groans in frustration.

"Hey, hey. Iwaizumi." Hanamaki grabs his shoulders. "You need to chill out, man. Oikawa wouldn't like seeing you so constipated."

"But--!"

"Dude." Matsukawa was picking the last of office supplies Iwaizumi threw out in frustration. "Calm down. If you're really that concerned, we can all go look for Oikawa tomorrow morning, yeah? You need rest, Iwaizumi."

"Damn." Hanamaki laughs softly. "I'm starting to miss Oikawa's raging voice."

"We all do."

Iwaizumi cried himself to sleep that night. He didn't even had the chance to thank Oikawa, how lucky he was that Oikawa and Tooru were the same person, or how much he wanted to tell him he felt the same.

"Stupid.... Trash..." he mumbles

Oikawa climbed through his window, and smiles at him, planting a kiss on his forehead.

"Oh, who the fuck am I kidding." Oikawa groans. "I can't hurt Iwa-chan. He deserves so much more. He deserves to be happy."

A tear rolls down on Oikawa's cheek.
"I'm so sorry, Iwa-chan... Good night. Thank you for that wonderful time you spent with me. I love you.."

"Wish I could be the one
The one who could give you love
The kind of love you really need

Wish I could say to you
That I'll always stay with you
But baby that's not me
You need someone willing to give their heart and soul to you

You'll find someone who'll be the one that I could never be
Who'll give you something better
Than the love you'll find with me

Leaving someone when you love someone
It's the hardest thing to do
When you love someone as much as I love you

Oh I don't want to leave you
Baby it tears me up inside
But I'll never be the one you're needing
I love you, goodbye."

Oikawa kisses Iwaizumi's lips before jumping out of the window.

Iwaizumi flutters his eyes open.
"Damn... Oikawa. Appearing in my dreams and telling me goodbye and shit."

Iwaizumi never had once felt the heaviness of biting his lip just to prevent the tears from falling down again.

"Please don't say goodbye..."

Iwaizumi cried himself to sleep again.