Ch. 29: Back & Forth

Since I played her the song I made within the music room, she has requested for me to play it every couple of days. Each time I played, that ruby red smile never left her face. Our days together are filled with conversations out in the gardens or in the room where I first met the Emperor. I noticed anytime I mentioned about the library, a look of hesitation was on her face. She was able to tell me that she hasn't entered the library since the incident with Alden.

I hope she is able to overcome that trauma and is able to enter. She houses a fascinating array of books and I would want to be able to read them with her.

One day.

It was a beautiful afternoon when I woke up. The need to feed has been managed with the blood I was provided during my meals which allowed Eira to feed and regain her strength. There are times though I would catch her sleeping with a book in her hand in the seat within her room. No matter how much she ate, she still seemed tired.

She should be back to normal but she still sleeps the same amount. Sometimes even more. I am growing a bit concerned about that.

I hope it's just my imagination.

There hasn't been a routine set up for me so I just meet with either Cryssy or Leo for anything I need to learn for the day. The pack rarely come to the estate minus Zander.

I am used to how the rest of the servants are within the estate. I wonder what the pack does each day besides protect the land.

Quietly, I made it out of my room and see right across through the open door of her room, Eira having a conversation with Leo. I got a little bit closer to see what their conversation is about.

"A dinner party? I haven't attended a dinner party in town in ages. Why now?" as Eira looked over the letter in her hand as Leo stood poised at his spot.

"It seem the mayor of the town wants to have you attend, Empress," as Leo responded to her question. "Sir Arthur wants you to be reacquainted with not only the families that pledge loyalty to the Sylvain name but meet the faces of the other people who fall in the high class society circle from across the land. He understands your position as the pureblood master of this land and will keep your true identity a secret. It's his way to assist in rebuilding what you and the families have lost."

"I really appreciate his thoughtfulness," as Eira hesitates. "It's just many of the families expected us to find him already. I don't know if it would be a good idea for me to attend."

"I think you should," as I spoken up from the doorway, leaning against the frame. Both of them looked at me with shock and curiosity took its place.

"Why do you believe I should, Taehyung?" as she asked the question.

"It's understandable that you don't want to get berated about capturing Alden but," as I walked in further into the room until I stood in front of her. "It can solidify who you are and strengthen the relationships you have with them. The Sylvains were well known in this part of the country. You don't want these people to forget who you are and what your family has done, do you?"

"No, I don't," as Eira ponders over what I said. "You are right that I need to show myself to my people and strengthen these relationships again. My family has worked too hard to have me destroy what they have built. Leo, Tell Arthur I will attend but I am bringing another person with me."

"Oh?" as a surprised look entered those pastel blue eyes of Leo's. "Who are you bringing besides Zander?"

"Taehyung will accompany me," as she gives a wide smile. I looked at her in shock at the sudden turn of events.