Ch. 55: A Family Affair

Silently, her eyes fluttered open after what seemed like ages for her to wake up. She sat up in front of me, releasing a yawn.

"Did I fall asleep?" as she carefully rubs the sleep out of her eyes.

"You did," as I lied through my teeth, the guilt settling on my chest.

I can't tell her about her mother. She asked me not too....it's a way to protect Eira. I don't know how severe the danger is but if someone like her mother is afraid for her safety, I need to abide by her request.

I just hate having to hide things from her.

"That's the second time I have done that lately," as she releases another yawn. "I feel fine but my body probably isn't. Maybe you were right, Taehyung. I probably need to eat."

"Oh, maybe," as I automatically responded, still thinking over the whole situation and ways I would have to come up with different lies for her. Suddenly, her face was in front of me, her white blues eyes looking me over. I couldn't help but nervously chuckled.

"Something the matter, Eira?"

"You are doing it again," as she kept a straight face while carefully watching me. Her eyes held that same intensity as her mother's.

Like mother, like daughter.

"Are you sure you are all right?" as a look of worry appeared on her face, tilting her head to the side as she looked at me. "I made that comment of eating to see if you would flirt like you normally do but you didn't. I guess you are exhausted. Let's just go back home. We can finish this date another day." She gets up and starts to straighten out her dress, the look of disappointment still evident on her face. Immediately, I got up and took her hand in mine, squeezing it to get her to look at me.

"I am sorry if I seemed distracted," as I gave an apologetic smile. "There are just a lot of things that are going on in my head that I just need some time to process. I promise I will make it up to you."

"Is there anything I can do to help?" as she looked at me with worried eyes.

"I don't think you can, my trouvaille," as I shook my head.

I am still wrapping my head around the fact that your mother is there inside of you. She told me not to worry and that you will still stay the same after you absorb her completely.

But....in the back of my mind....I worry if you will still change and if the moments we had are kept private between just the two of us.

I don't know when it will be just one hundred percent you.

"Oh," as she turned away from me, slipping her hand out of mine. She stooped down to grab the two books she picked out. I can tell what I said bother her and I hated how upset she looked.

"Eira, look it's just," as I started to speak but she just held her hand to have me stop.

"It's okay," as she just sighs and forces a smile on her face. "I can't expect you to share everything on what's going on and even if you could share, I probably won't be able to help based on how it sounds. It sounds like something you can't share anyways. People have their secrets, Taehyung and it's not my place to pry."

"Eira, I am sorry," as I hung my head low and just bowed apologetically. "In time, I hope you would understand."

"Hopefully," as she sighs, turning around. "Let's just go home."

"Okay," as I quietly followed her out of the family cottage.

At least she is not pressing me about it but the air between us seems a bit more distant. This secret has wedged something between us and I hate it.