Chapter 4- The Book

*Hayes' POV*

I looked up to the sky and saw that there was a huge treehouse over my head.

"Whoa." Summer laughed at me and started climbing towards the top.

"Are you coming or are you gonna just sit there?" She asked. I followed her to the treetop getaway.

"Did you build this by yourself?" I wondered. This looked like it would have at least needed the help of 10 people; it was basically like a log cabin.

"Yeah, I find stuff on the street to make it. Took about a month to finish." I wandered around the house, examining everything she had made. When I came to a bookshelf, I stopped. I saw an old book with a red diamond in the spine and took it out.

"Diary of Mary Samuels." I mumbled. "Hey, Summer?" I shouted to the next room over.

"Yeah?" I heard as she walked in.

"Who's Mary Samuels?"

"No idea, I just found that book in a trash can one day, read it and thought it was interesting."

"Huh. What's it about?"

"This woman hundreds of years ago who falls in love with this guy that was about to get married to her best friend and she has until sunset to write the book so someone will find it because her friend turned out to be a witch and cursed her family."

"That's crazy. I bet this diary isn't as weird." I grabbed John Grier's diary out of my backpack and tossed it to Summer. Her eyes got wide, she screamed, and dropped the book.

"WH-WH-WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT?" She yelled.

"On my bookshelf at home. I haven't read it yet, I only found it before I came here. Why are you so scared of it?"

She unbuckled her belt and started taking it off. "What the hell are you doing?" The belt was thrown to me and I looked at the name in gold. John Grier. This time it was my turn to scream.

"Is this why you asked me if my first name was John?" Summer nodded.

"And," she added, then whispered; "that's the guy she falls in love with." We both back away from the book and the belt and stay silent for a minute. Finally I speak up.

"We need to read it. I don't think that Mary's family was the cursed one."

-

-

-

-

-

-

A/N: kind of a short chapter but sorry not sorry. Btw this treehouse is my fantasy I want to build one sooooo bad! Hopefully I'll update soon but until then, stay awesome!