Chapter 2- Frozen

A/N: In this chapter there are references to a certain movie (no giveaways😜), and just to clear up some possible confusion, I'm not copying off of this movie, and unlike the rest of the female population, I don't think it's the best movie in the world. I just thought that it fits really good here.😊

*Hayes' POV*

I LOOOOOOOOVE my new phone. The other one I had was one of those sliding phones. Ew. I had already transferred all of my contacts, bought tons of music, and won about 1/7 of the games I got. I was trying to beat my high score on Flappy Bird when my lovely siblings came in the living room and pelted me with snowballs. Why me?

"AAAAAAGH STOP!!!!! WHOSE IDEA WAS THIS?!?!?!?!" Nash laughed.

"Uhhhh... A combo of mine and mom's. She thinks you're already obsessed with your phone, so I came up with how to teach you a lesson."

"Nash. Grier. I told you not to say I had anything to do with it!" Mom scolded.

(A/N: I just noticed that Elizabeth Horton and Hayes' mom has the same name whoops😶😂it's a coincidence for now but I might do something with it.....😏)

"Well then you shouldn't have given me the idea!"

"It doesn't matter," I said, "because I'm gonna get you back!" I gave an evil look and ran outside.

*Nash's POV*

So my little brother is gonna make some pathetic snowballs and completely miss me when he throws them. Okay. I sat on the couch and texted my friends the annual Christmas message I make every year. But in less than a minute Hayes stormed back into the house and surprised us all. He didn't even throw the snowballs, they levitated out of his hands all at once and zoomed towards my face. I dodged them luckily, but when Hayes looked down at his hands in shock, they glowed blue and swirled, then poof! More snowballs.

"My little brother is magical."

*Hayes' POV*

'How did I do that?' I thought as I looked at the snowballs that were in my hands.

"OH MY GOD. YOU'RE ELSA!!!!!" Skylynn screamed as she ran to me. Ugh, I hate Frozen.

"No no, Skylynn, back up. I don't want anything to happen to you." I warned and stepped away from my sister. "Mom? Dad? Can you come in here? This is really important." They were busy skyping a friend in the kitchen.

"What's up?" Mom said when she walked in.

"HAYES IS ELSA!!!!" Skylynn yelled, obviously not remembering what she accidentally did to Anna. Ana. However you say it.

"Oh that's cute." Dad said as he picked her up.

"Ummm she's not exactly lying. I'm not a princess, but we do have something in common..." I held out my hands for them to see the snowballs.

"Hayes you're so sweet, playing Frozen with Sky. I'll be Anna!" Mom said.

"Mom, I'm being serious." I dropped the snow and let it melt, then held out my palm to the ground. My hand sent out an electric blue ray to the water and it levitated up to my hand as it turned to ice.

"How did you do that?" Nash asked.

"That's exactly what I want to know!" I sat down and buried my face in my hands. My magical ice-making freezy hands.

"Well we're all going to Grandma's, so go get ready, Elsa." Dad said.

"Dad, I can't go. What if I freeze everyone? I need to stay here to make sure no one gets hurt."

"Chad, that is a good point. Let him stay." Mom took my side.

Dad sighed. "Okay, but if you set something on fire, freeze it." Everyone laughed.

"I will." I said. While the rest of my family went upstairs to get ready, I did the only thing I could think of to help me with this problem: watch Frozen.

~10 Minutes Later~

*knock knock knock*

"Do you wanna build a snowman? Come on let's go and play..."

Everyone except Skylynn was ready to go, so they came back downstairs.

"Hayes," mom said and I looked over at her. Her eyes were compassionate.

"Yeah mom?"

"Be careful."

"I'll try." I gave a half smile. Mom walked over and gave me a kiss on the forehead. As she walked back to join my dad and my brothers at the door, I felt like someone poured a bucket of ice down my shirt. They all waved.

"Bye Hayes," Nash said.

"Bye," I said.

What happened next seemed to go in slow motion; I did a one-swipe wave and as I did, the ray shot out of my hand again, so fast that no one even had time to realize what was happening. By the time what I had done finally sunk in, my little sister was screaming from the top of the stairs at the sight of our family as ice statues.

"Sky," I said. She looked at me with tears in her eyes. "Pack your stuff. You're going to live with Grandma for now." Skylynn nodded and ran back to her room. Unlike her, I couldn't go live with my grandmother; I couldn't let this happen again. I had to run away and hopefully find out how to unfreeze the people closest to me. I packed the Frozen DVD and some other stuff before going upstairs.

While I was rumbling through the stuff in my room, a book fell right in front of me.

"Diary of John Grier?" I picked up the book and shoved it in my backpack, then stood up to take a last look at my bedroom.

"HAAAAAAAAYES! IM READY!"

*****

"Aren't you coming too?" Skylynn tilted her head back and looked at me behind her.

"No. I can't. Tell grandma I said hi and I love her and if she asks about why you're here, tell her it's a secret and if mom and dad knows about it you'll be in big trouble and if grandma tries to take you home, lock yourself in a room, 'kay?"

" 'Kay." She looked down and sniffled as I saw a tear drop from her eye onto the sidewalk.

"Hey," I got in front of her and lifted her chin up, "don't cry. I'll come visit as soon as I can and you can call me." I kissed her forehead like mom did to me. "Love you lil sis, be good for grandma, alright?" Skylynn nodded. "Bye." I gave my sister a quick hug and walked away.

"You'll be okay."