Chapter 3- The Girl In The Woods

*Hayes' POV*

The snow blew in my face as I walked. I ran away from home, but I honestly had no idea where I was going. I played with my freezing powers and thought. I decided I'd go to the woods; there's always something magical there in stories I never believed were true, but then again I thought freezing powers weren't true either so I was up for anything. I kept trying to figure out everything I could do with my powers while I made my way to the woods. After a while of walking past tons of bare trees, I saw a girl about my age sleeping in a hammock made of leaves, sticks, and twigs. She was tan and had wavy, dark reddish-brownish hair and dark brown freckles. She was beautiful, but I couldn't see what I wanted to see most: her eyes. She looked peaceful and I could look at her for hours, but I needed help, so I attempted to wake her up.

*Summer's POV*

I looked around my house that was currently in flames.

"Mom? Dad? Colton?"

No answer.

"Luke?" That's when I heard crying.

"LUKE!!!"

I frantically searched for my baby brother. By the time I found the crib he was in, the crying had stopped and the roof already caved in on it. I was done. I had been careless and now my family was gone. I ran down the steps that were on fire, not caring if I got burned. I looked down as I was running through the house and noticed that no matter how many times I deliberately threw myself into the fire, I never got burned. I packed what little wasn't scalded and sprinted away from the life I had always known. Then I heard a voice.

"Hey." I felt a nudge.

"Helloooo?" Now it was a push. Then I was being shaken by an invisible force.

"WAKE UP!!!!!"

"GAHHHHH, WHAT?!?!?!" And I was back in the woods, looking into two gorgeous blue eyes. They left me speechless.

"Ummmm..... H-hi, c-can you please help me?" Said the boy the eyes belonged to. I just sat there being a stuttering idiot. Not only were his eyes the best pair I've ever seen, he was KEE-OO-TUH! (A/N: she's stretching out 'cute' and emphasizing the T, just so ya know😂)

"Are you.... Okay?" He asked. I stuttered again. "Okee...." And the cutie with the gorgeous blue eyes started walking away awkwardly.

'TALK TO HIM, STUPID!!!' My brain yelled at me.

"WAAAAAAAIT!!!!!" I screamed. The boy turned back to me. "I'm sorry I acted like an idiot. I can help you if you come back."

"Okay," he said and joined me in the hammock. "Let's start with the basics; What's your name?"

"Summer," I replied.

"Summer what?" Oh God I hate it when people do this. I squinted my eyes and gave him an evil glare.

"Summer Cannon. What about you?"

"Hayes."

I gave him the eyebrow. "Hayes what?" He rolled his eyes.

"Hayes Grier."

'Wait wait hold on. GRIER?!?!?!' I looked at my belt.

"Grier?" I asked.

"Yup." He popped the P.

"Hmmm. Is Hayes your middle name?" His oceanic eyes widened.

"Are you some kind of psychic, or mindreader or something?"

"No because if I was I would already know what your first name is."

"Guess."

"Is it John?" I crossed my fingers.

"Nope." Shit.

"Then I have no idea."

"It's Benjamin."

"Well, Benjamin Hayes Grier, what are you doing here?" At this, he looked down at his black Vans.

"I..... I don't wanna talk about it." I lifted up his chin.

"Look at me." I pleaded.

*Hayes' POV*

I hadn't made eye contact until now. And it was well worth it. Summer's eyes were like nothing I had ever seen before; they were light violet and radiant in the cold sunlight, or in other words, magical.

"You can trust me. Plus who around here would I tell? The squirrels?" Summer said and we laughed. "Did you run away?" She whispered. My smile faded and I nodded.

"Finally," Summer's voice was breaking as she pulled me into a tight hug. "Someone who understands."

"Wha-, what?" At first I thought that she might have frozen her family too but since she said nothing about that, I calmed down a little.

"I had to. 4 years ago our house caught on fire and I was the only one from my family to survive. And it was all my fault." She started to tear up.

"It's ok," I said as I rocked her back and forth. Even though we had known each other for less than a day, we both felt like we had some sort of connection; something supernatural that brought us together.

-

-

-

-

-

A/N: hopefully I'll be updating sooner than this, and I'll have a playlist up on 8tracks within the next couple of chapters because I only have 4-5 songs and there has to be 8 in order to upload it (duh). So stay tuned! :) 😊