chapter nineteen - the airport

I changed this whole chapter!! meaning, I rewrote it. hope y'all like the updates I made.

   VALERIE AWOKE WITH a start to Roger Taylor hitting her in the head with a pillow. It was four in the morning.

"Bloody hell, Rog, what the fuck are you doing?!" Valerie yelled as she kicked him in the shin.

"You've got to get up, love. Airport, remember?" Roger said as he whacked her once more for good measure.

Valerie sat up and grabbed the pillow from Roger, smacking him. He fell off the bed in surprise, making a loud clatter.

     "How'd you even get in here?"

     "I spent the night. You said I could, remember?"

     "Obviously not, or else I wouldn't have kicked you. Well, I would've, just not as hard." Valerie said with a slight smile as she stretched, looking down at Roger who was still pathetically splayed on the floor.

"Oh, you would've kicked me harder. Now, get dressed! We've got to leave in about thirty minutes to get Freddie and go to the airport." Roger said as he stood, taking the pillow and tossing it to her.

"Okay okay, get out then. And do you have your bags? I don't want to be driving all over town." Valerie told Roger as she got out of her bed and went over to her closet to select a sweater to wear.

"Of course I have my bags. They're designer."

"Yeah, secondhand designer. Get out, Roger." Valerie said with a chuckle as Roger scoffed sarcastically.

"You wish you had second hand designer." He retorted as he closed the door behind him as he walked out of the room.

Valerie rolled her eyes and slipped out of her pajamas, which were really comprised of a worn out shirt and pants with cartoon dogs on them.

"Make sure you wear something to impress John!" Roger called from the closed door. Valerie rolled her eyes and stuck her middle finger up at him, though of course, he couldn't see her.

She laughed a bit to herself feeling a bit fluttery at the thought of seeing John, though she had seen him just the day before.

She didn't want to seem like she was trying too hard, so she changed into a simply green sweater and bell bottom jeans, hurrying into the bathroom to wash her face and brush on a bit of makeup.

When she was done, it was nearly time to leave. She made herself some toast quickly and stood next to the couch where Roger was waiting for her.

"Ready?" Valerie asked as she took a bite out of her (slightly burnt) toast.

"Of course I am. I'm always ready." Roger said, and Valerie snorted with laughter.

"Oi, sod off. I can be prepared when I wanna be. Now let's go." Roger said as he grabbed his luggage and linked his arm through Valerie's. Valerie turned off the lamp that had been on and grabbed her keys and coat from the coat rack, closing her apartment door behind her as she rested her coat in the crook of her free elbow.

"Right, onward." Valerie said with a smile at Roger as they walked out into the still slightly frigid weather.
*****

   "Freddie, what do you possibly need from the airport shop?" Valerie asked as Freddie held up a snow globe with a miniature version of Big Ben.

"What don't I possibly need from the airport shop? They have everything here!" Freddie exclaimed as he grabbed a rather horrific blouse off of the rack and offered it to Valerie.