joined at the hip

It's been about a week since Gustav and I reunited and we have been joined at the hip ever since. He hasn't left my house unless he needed to get stuff from his house and even then he dragged me along with him. I can't really complain though because this whole week has just been filled with cuddles and sweet talking.

Christmas was tomorrow and I am trying to convince Gus to invite him mom over but he doesn't want her to embarrass him in front of my parents. I told him he was stupid and I even had to phone Liza myself to get her to come over. I collected all my presents together and went downstairs to put them under the tree for the following morning. I placed down my mother's, father and another present for Gus under the tree... yes I did go out and get another present for Gustav. I had a present for his mom but I didn't want to put it downstairs since it was small and valuable.

Gus and I both went back upstairs to go to bed early so we had energy to wake up tomorrow.

My alarm rang at exactly 9:30am and I ran downstairs to start making breakfast for the whole family. If you can't tell Christmas is my favourite holiday apart from Halloween. I put some bacon on the grill and started cooking the pancakes. This breakfast was tradition in our family and this year I finally got to make it.

Finally my parents and Gustav came downstairs and sat at the table waiting for their breakfast to be served. I was in the middle of serving them when the someone knocked on the door. I finished putting the plates on the table and answered the door to reveal Liza. I smiled and greeted her with a hug while inviting her in. I made her a plate while she started talking with my parents. I brought over both of our plates and we all started scoffing down our food.

It was now time to open the presents. My parents opened their presents at the same time and my moms eyes lit up looking at her new purse and wallet, she thanked me and already started moving all her things from her old bag into her new one. My dad unwrapped his small gift of the lighter, as soon as he saw it he smirked and came over giving me a hug. Gustav opened his gift, surprised he got another one. I got him some boujee red nail polish since he was always borrowing mine.
Liza looked a little disappointed there was nothing for her so I quickly ran up to her and gave her the small gift I had got her.

"Your present is the most special" I told her with a sweet smile. Her frown turned into a smile while she carefully opened the gift to reveal a silver charm bracelet with little dove charms. Liza started to tear up so I went over and gave her a hug while she kept thanking me over and over again.

Gustav came up to me with a gift. I unwrapped it to find a louis vuitton box bag. I gasped and started freaking out. I'd always wanted this bag and I remember telling Gus about it all the time. I started crying and hugging Gustav.

After all the gifts were finished with I started parading around my house with my new bag on. I'm sure everyone was fed up with me at this point but every so often Gustav would look over and laugh at me.

We all spent the day as a big family and had our traditional dinner aswell. Liza left around 11pm and we all went up to bed since we were exhausted. Gus and I were laying in bed when he broke the silence.

"Bri, I know I was a real dick when Layla came back and I told you I wanted her but being with her made me realise how much I want you. You make me happier than she ever did. So i guess what i'm asking is would you be my girlfriend...again"

He was nervous and I could tell. His voice was shaky and he was scratching the nape of his neck.

"Gustav, of course I want to be your girlfriend again. When you came over after you broke up with Layla I realised I still love you, I can't stop loving you..."

After we got everything out in the open we fell asleep in each other's arms and everything was good. I know this sounds stupid since we are only in high school but this is the boy I want to spend the rest of my life with, no matter the highs and lows.