I Do Like Him

Year 1995.

This is my final year in primary school before I go to secondary school.

Thus I'm going to study hard for national exam so that I can apply for a boarding school in the city.

He is in my class this year. This is bad. He is the biggest distraction of mine.

The rumours still there. Even louder. The juniors keep talking. All of my friends keep teasing. My homeroom teacher seem to acknowledge it.

In fact, this year it seem that we will spend a lot of school activities together.

He is a school prefect but I'm a head school prefect. In sport event, he is in the same Blue House with me but I'm co captain of the Blue House. He and I are the senior for our boys and girls school handball team respectively. He is the goalkeeper for the boys team and I this year played for defense position in the girls team.

He is still the goalkeeper for football team and in high jump team. I'm also still in the netball and badminton team and in long jump team.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

I have long jump training with my teammate for our school sport day. After finished our training, one of my junior told me that there is a girl who likes him. I ignored what my junior said. But she further said this girl is cheering up him during his high jump training.

This time I look at my junior and said, "Seriously? Who is this girl?" It intrigued me. My junior asked me to look for myself and said he is still training for his high jump. If I'm lucky, I'll see the girl.

I packed my stuffs and went to his training ground. Wow! There is indeed a girl who is cheering him up. I feel a bit uneasiness. Who is this girl? Did I know her? I focus on the girl. Ohh she is the girl in Class No. 2. His former classmate. Did the girl really likes him? Maybe I should ask my cousin about it as he is in the same class with the girl.

I'm too deep in thought till I didn't realise my bestfriend, Amy came to me.

"Hey, what's up? Why you look too focus on the girl?"

"Ohh hey..nothing."

"Ohh come on..don't lie to me."

"Hmm..do you know that girl?"

"Yeah I know her. Why you asking?"

"Nothing..just asking."

"Are you jealous?"

"Jealous of what?"

"Ohh come on..don't deny it."

"No, I'm not jealous okay!"

"Yes, you are. Listen my friend. You don't worry about it. He only likes you. Not the girl."

"Yeah whatever..tell it to yourself. I'm not interested." I walked away from the training ground.

"Hey wait for me! We're going to meet the rest of the gang for netball training."

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * 

Amy and I arrived at the netball training session.

"What's up with the sour face?" asked Fyn who is one of my gang.

"I'm just tired from the long jump training."

"She saw the girl cheering him up and she's jealous", Amy said.