He broke up!

Year 1998.

This is the important year for me. I have to study hard for the national exam. I need to score straight A's to enter another boarding school I aimed for.

I sat next to Sam, my new partner in class. Erin and I still played double for the school badminton team.

Though the principal said there is no Class No. 2, 3 or 4 but still the perception is there. Some of the teachers still treat us as Class No. 4. As a head of the class, this situation is very upseting. We have to prove that we are just next to creme de la creme.

Amy told me he broke up with Zoey. And nobody knows the reason why.

I'm shocked and angry. Angry because he broke Zoey's heart, my good friend.

During school break, I went to a tuition class that Zoey attended too. I managed to ask Zoey what happened between them. Zoey just said they broke up. He asked for a break up. What the hell?!

"Did he has another girl? That's why he broke up with you?"

"No Elly. He just say he want to break up," Zoey said sadly.

"I'm so angry. You don't deserve this heartbreak, Zoey."

"It's okay Elly. I've moved on. Most important thing I can focus more on my studies," Zoey said.

"Yeah I guess you're right."

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * 

The national exam lasted for a week.

While waiting for the result, I sat for entrance exam for another boarding school next year. The entrance exam is difficult. I doubt I can pass it. Especially the Math section.

I didn't get straight A's in the national exam and I failed the entrance exam for another boarding school next year.

Through out this year, he didn't date any girls in his school after the break up. This is updated by Amy.