One Shot 1-Sleepy Koala

A few months after the twins were born and they were proving to be very difficult. With Indigo, she was a very reserved baby but the twins seem to enjoy being the centre of attention. 

Clint, Laura and Natasha had take the twins out with the Barton kids, wanting to give some time to the twins parents and Indigo decided to tag along, wanting to make a good impression on her new siblings. They were going to the beach for a while as all the kids enjoyed water and sandcastles. 

Back at home, with the Barnes couple they decided to have a nice, relaxing day watching movies, with loads of snacks. They had an amazing time just enjoying the peace and quiet knowing that, by the time those children come back they were never gonna have a moment of peace, as the kids would be telling everyone what they did.

Cuddling together on the couch, their eyes fixated on the colourful images zoom behind the screen. A thick blanket place upon their legs, their hands intertwined...they never felt more at home-their kids were safe, their extended family were fine and beginning their lives as normal people and they were together. 

Danni's eyes began to slowly droop in exhaustion from staying up the previous night trying to get the twins to sleep before they woke Bucky. She wasn't as comfortable as she had hoped so she crawled on Bucky's lap, legs on either side of his, head in the crook of his neck with her hands laced behind his neck, she drifted of to the sound of his heartbeat and the soothing circles on her back, created by his hands.

-------

Hearing the elevator door opening just over an hour later, drew Bucky's eyes away from the ending of the movie, seeing his kids race in, ready to start shouting about their day when they spotted Danni fast asleep, hugging Bucky.

Clint seeing that she was exhausted by the bags under her eyes, he told the two female adults to take the kids to the game room. Watching them walk out, Clint turned his head back to the couple, before quietly laughing at the situation, "You having fun there, Barnes?"

Sighing deeply, he turned the movie off with the remote before turning his head to look at the archer, "She didn't sleep much last night. The twins kept her up and she refused to wake me." Bucky stated, already feeling like he could have done more.

"Stop." Clint said, already knowing what was going through his head, "She chose not to wake you up. Don't blame yourself." He said firmly.

Hearing the faint shouts of the kids, Clint turns his head in their direction, "I should probably see what's going on." He looks back at Bucky's situation before saying, "Good luck with the sleepy koala." 

Let's just say that by the time Danni woke up, she had a new nickname.