Epilogue

79's had been a safe haven for clone troopers after battle, keeping them in recreation while returning to their cycle of war. Drinks and beverages were abundant. Music and dancing had been at a high. It was a place of comfort after victory against the Separatists. To its glowing aesthetic, and to its natural charm of coruscant recreation, it couldn't have been a better place for these soldiers to rest and forget about the horrors of war.

But today was different, because none of the clones attended the bar.

"Have you heard... i-It's all over the news!-" Ghale exclaimed, eyes agape at the holonet screen near the group of fleet officers, lieutenants, and soon to be clone wars veterans .

"Yeah... I heard alright. Who hasn't?" Samick said back, grasping his cup of grog in his hand, chugging down what was left of it. He then called for the droid bartender for another.

"You, don't seemed surprised at all! This war its... its coming to an end!" Ghale said, reaching for his liquor and taking a sip before saying any more: "I mean, you don't look all too surprised yourself; just a few cycles ago I was fighting these clankers down at Myrkr, and now... it's all over, just like that."

Ghale then glanced over to the crowd of soon to be war veterans surrounding the holonet, with images of destroyed Separatists fleets, and Separatist war criminals taken into imprisonment. The entire crowd in 79's cheered and roared, holding up bottles and cups of intergalactic refreshments, clinking them together in celebration, in hopes of retreating to their families, to their homes. It was really happening, the war was coming to an end. The remnants of the falling Confederacy of Independent Systems was already dwindling in defeat.

Some outsiders celebrated as well, hoping for what was to come after the end of this treacherous war. Officers danced and cheered, and talked to their comrades about the next phase of their life.

Twi'leks danced, and other aliens felt the need to celebrate. This war had been a drag for many species across the galaxy, and had been mainly driven by human forces, washing the rest of the galaxy in the dust of the war. Some working under the guise of the Republic, and some trying to escape the clutches of the Separatists.

But somehow, Samick didn't feel the need to celebrate anytime soon. A peculiar choice, taking into regard that he himself was a fleet admiral for the Republic.

"I mean, what can you expect, the galaxy changes everyday" Ghale said, taking another sip of his liquor.

"But it's not over yet" Samick said, quietly in the midst of the barking crowd in the dimly lit bar.

"What? Sorry I couldn't catch that" Ghale exclaimed.

Samick this time raised his voice a couple of notches, and proceeded: "I said, it's not over yet, and I don't believe it will be anytime soon."

Ghale always expected a cynical outlook from his companion, especially when working with him through thick and thin in the academy, and fighting against the Separatists, it was almost like they were brothers. Ghale knew something was up and he wanted to know.

Ghale chuckled, and twisted his bar chair towards Samick, placing his drink down on the bright illumination of the bar table, and proceeded to say, "c'mon, what's got you so roughed up? I know your a natural cynic, but this is the first time in forever that we actually have good news, and not like news about a new shipment of thermal detonators, I mean good news. This war we've been fighting, its... its over! When do you get news like that?"

Samick wiped his greying blonde hair aside, looking down at the bright light of the bar table, fixing the rank pin on his fleet uniform. He grabbed his drink, and took a sip before saying anything more to his friend.