Chapter 1

I love softball, track and basketball, I think it was invented just so I could play them. Well as you know my name is Sam Wiliams, I play softball for Stone Gate High School, I am the Catcher. I also play basketball where I am the Center. I am 6"1 I am the tallest girl so being catcher really bugs my knees but I would not give it up for the world. I also run track or jump track you could say. I am a state champion in triple jump my sophomore year so I pretty much have a scholarship if I ever wanted to in the bag.

At our school girls and boys teams are supposed to date each other which means the baseball and softball teams, the basketball teams, Football and volleyball+cheer leading and then the outcasts or aka not popular. I play softball, track and basketball means I am supposed to date someone who is on all three teams. At my school baseball is in the fall at the same time as softball so that sucks for me because there are only four guys who play all three. The four guys are Casey YUCK! Ryker but he is taken, Barkley is like a brother to me and Catcher. I love his name and that is the position he plays to.

My brothers make sure that I do not get to date anyone. I have two older brothers that practically rule the school and they are identical twins and play the same sports. Their names are Aiden and Andrew or Andy. They are my protectors but sometimes they can be a little over protective. I have not had one single guy ask me out because they are scared of my brothers but yes there’s always that little but, Casey is the only one who has ever been able to ask me on a date but I hate him. The only reason my brothers allow it is that Aiden and Andy are best-friends with Casey who is my grade they play basketball and run track with him but they play football instead of baseball so it’s hard not to. Me and Casey are both captains of our sports. It’s weird for a junior to be captain but our coaches think we are ready for that. My brothers aren't captains of basketball or track because they are the captains of the football team. I like being a captain but while being captain you’re supposed to do everything perfect while being a good role model for the team. It’s a lot of pressure but I take it in stride. So naturally both of us being captain of the opposite teams we are supposed to be the IT couple of the school but don't worry that’s never going to happen I hate his guts and I'm pretty sure he hates mine to.

“Why do you have to be so arrogant all the time it’s not like I have ever done anything to you” I want to scream at Casey my brother’s best friend. There is just something about him that makes me want to slap that ever there smirk right off his smug face. Casey is the epitome of hotness he is the hottest guy at the school closely followed by my brothers. He has the softest blue eyes that flash dark blue when he has a good pitch or shot. His hair is the soft blonde that makes him look like a laid back surfer boy with its shagginess that curls around the end of the ball cap that is always present on his head. After spending so many summers at the lake I know he’s built. His muscles toned and his six pack to die for. He’s tall very tall probably about 6’5 so he has height on me that makes it hard to glare at him when we are arguing like we do every day. I would totally date him if it weren’t for him being such an arrogant jerk.

            Getting ready for school makes me want to just climb back in bed for 3 years. I don’t dress up like some girls do but I at least like to look a little put together and today I agreed to wear a cute outfit with my best friend Althea. It’s the beginning of September so it’s starting to get chilly so I settle with some black leggings and brown knee length boots with a white tank top and brown leather jacket and a nice soft scarf. I think I look smoking hot but you know that’s not always how it seems. Next I move onto my hair which is a nice dark brown and is long and wavy. I straighten it and then curl it because it’s so thick. “Sam honey you need to get down here if you want to eat breakfast and get to school on time you don’t want to be late” I hear my mom Katherine yell up the stairs to my room. As I walk into the kitchen I smell the heavenly scent of bacon and a omelet which are artfully laid out at my place at the table.

            Finishing breakfast I rush out to my baby girl whose name is storm. I know, I know what an uncreative name for my car but you have to realize that this car does not need a cool nickname to be cool. My baby girl is a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited who is fire truck red with a white racing stripe going over the whole vehicle. Pulling into the school parking lot I notice that my brothers and the devil are already waiting by our parking spots. Because my brothers are so popular they get to park wherever they want and I am included in the deal so we have the very best parking spaces in the lot right by the front doors.

        As I put my vehicle in park and am unlocking my seatbelt my door jerks open. “Ahh Casey why the hell would you do something like that I could have turned around and punched you wait will you do it again so I can punch you this time”. I barely have time to get the words out before I am pulled from the car and thrown over someone’s very hard shoulder and judging from the very nice behind I’m staring at I’m guessing its Casey. “That was not very nice Sammy I think you need to take a bath in the fountain and then tell me you’re sorry because you really hurt my feelings” he says tugging on my boots. “Case if you call me Sammy one more time I swear I will hang you from the roof by your balls and I bet my brothers would sit and laugh and not help. Also would you nicely put me down before I start screaming and pounding on your back that you are raping me now I do not think that is the publicity you want” My heart is pounding from the close proximity to him and I feel like passing out but you know that just could be because I am hanging upside down from someone’s shoulders but you just never know.

            “Will you two stop I know you guys can’t wait to jump each other I just don’t want to see it go home I will not take seeing this at school” well gees thanks Althea way to break through our fog and snap us out it would have been really nice if you could of done it earlier. I send her a look that conveys exactly what I am thinking and she burst out laughing. “You guys are just so cute together have you guys started dating yet”?

----------

I am editing this book and going back through and rewriting the story to make it better for a class I am taking so if you go back and read trough I think you will like it.

Sincerly,

The Author