47- "I don't"

Back at my house the next day I sat under my covers, scrolling through my twitter feed. I heard the front door open and close.

"Taylor!" I heard my grandma exclaim downstairs, “Haven’t seen you around here in ages!”

I heard Taylor mumble something before my grandma told her I was in my room.

Taylor ran up the stairs and barged in my room. She sprung onto the bed “Sam!” she hollered.

I reached my arms out for a hug. Taylor hopped, much like a frog, into my arms and sat on top of my legs. I winced and squinted my eyes. I quickly pushed her body off of mine. She looked at me confused.

“Sorry.” I shied away from eye contact.

“What was that about?” she asked before her eyes grew into giant circles, “Sam Valentine you didn’t!”

“D-didn’t what?” I scratched the back of my neck because I couldn’t lie to Taylor.

“Holy shit you did!” she yelled. I hushed her, confirming that she was right, “Holy fuck, Sam! Hayes took your virginity didn’t he?!”

“Not so loud!” I hollered but in a hushed tone.

“Well did he?” Taylor asked, quieter but nowhere near calmer.

“…Yeah.” I mumbled.

“SAM!” THIS IS HUGE!” Taylor began bouncing on the bed.

“Stop.” I chuckled, grabbing her arms to keep her still.

“I thought you wanted to wait another year at least.” Taylor said.

“I did.” I said, with my smile fading.

“So what happened?”

I crossed my arms and looked down, not able to look her in the eyes. “I’m not sure I have another year.”

“You mean with Hayes?”

I looked up at her, with my eyes watered, shaking my head and biting my lip quivering as I said, “No. That’s not what I meant.”

“Then what do you mean?” Taylor suddenly became more concerned.

I was about to give her an answer when my grandma knocked on my door. She came in with a glass of water and two pills. She set the pills in my hand, she watched me take them and took the glass when I was done. My grandma bent down closer to kiss my forehead. Taylor watched for her to close the door. When my grandma was gone you could read Taylor like a worried pamphlet.

“Sam, what’s wrong?”

I opened my mouth but nothing come out, I began to tear up and I uttered out “I’m sorry Taylor.”

“Tell me!” Taylor demanded.

“A few weeks ago I had no desire to eat, I was getting terrible cramps, and I had lost ten pounds in 5 days of doing nothing,” I started, wiping the tears that came, “so I went to the doctor. A-and..” I couldn’t bring my self to finish, it was just too hard.

“And what Sam?”

“Taylor…” I took in a deep breath, “I have cancer in my liver, ok?”

Taylor instantly began to cry along with me, “You have cancer?”

“Yeah.”

“You have cancer and you didn’t tell me?!”

“Please don’t be mad I didn’t tell you.”

“How could I be mad?” a tear fell down her cheek, “My best friend has cancer.”

“I know I should have told you,” I sniffled, “but I’m not gunna make it to next year.”

“You don’t know that.” Taylor shook.

“There’s a 15% I’ll live!” I shouted, “Do you really think I’ll make it?!”

“I want to.”

“Well don’t get your hopes up, because I’m not.” I broke down in tears and just fell onto Taylors shoulder.

She stroked my hair and soothed me, but I could hear her sobbing along with me.

“Does..” Taylor started, “Does Hayes know?”

I pulled back from her arms, “No! He can’t know! You can’t tell him!”

“Sam, he’s your boyfriend he can’t not know.”

“He can’t know! Promise me you won’t tell him!”

“He’s going to find out eventually.”

“Taylor!” I grabbed her tightly, “Promise me you won’t tell him.”

I looked her dead in the eyes, waiting for her word.

“I promise.”

I sighed relief. I don’t think I could handle Hayes knowing. He would act differently for sure. He wouldn’t see me for what I’m capable of he would see me as the cancer. When I die I want to have a relationship that was perfect until the very end, literally. If I could, I would die in his arms.

I took Taylor down stairs to the screened in porch where we sat with cups of hot chocolate. We just sat there. Not talking. Until Taylor decided to speak up.

“Does it hurt?”

I paused for a minute, “Yeah sometimes.”

“How long have you been diagnosed?”

“A few months.”

“Doesn’t treatment make you- never mind.”

“Make me lose my hair?” I finished her sentence, “It’s ok, you can say it. It does… I’ve been wearing a wig.”

"So when do you plan on telling Hayes?"

I turned away from Taylor, because I knew she thought I should be telling Hayes this, and I probably should be. "I don't."

A/N: THE STORY IS ALMOST DONE! AHHHHHH! ONLY TWO MORE CHAPTERS TOPS! THANKS FOR ALL YOU LOVLY READERS! FOR ANYONE INTERESTED I'LL BE STARTING A NEW FANFICTION FOR THE VAMPS SOON! I'LL UPDATE ON HERE WHEN THE FIRST CHAPTER IS UP! IT'S CALLED RESISTING YOU!

COMMENT WHAT YOU GUYS THINK WILL HAPPEN WITH SAM AND HAYES!