21- "Me?"

•••HAYES POV•••

I sat wide awake with a wide grin spread across my face. Over and over again, replaying Sam's lips crashing to mine.

I looked down at Sam, laying in my arms so peacefully. Her hair was splashed out across my skin. She fit so perfectly. Sam was so small but she was still my whole world. She was snuggled into my chest with her legs tangled with mine. I grinned even more thinking over the fact that it would be like this for the next two weeks. Having Sam asleep against my body. Sleeping with the most amazing girl I've ever met. I didn't even know how long I had been up for at this point, just thinking about what tonight had brought. I pulled my arm over sleeping Sam to reach for Sam's phone to check the time. The phone read the time to read that it was already 4:45 in the morning. Then my eyes became fixed on a waiting text to Sam.

iMessage: Shawn Mendes

I won't lie to myself! And I won't lie to you! Not again! I still love you!

"WHAT?!" I shouted, making Sam jolt to a sleepy awakening.

Sam rose to sit up, off of my body, she rubbed her eyes.

"What is it babe?" she groaned.

I felt a burst of joy when she called me babe. But I couldn't think about that right now.

•••SAMS POV•••

I didn't mean to call Hayes babe. It just slipped out. But I didn't think about it. All I thought about was what Hayes was up to at almost 5AM. He shoved off the covers and slid into a pair of black gym shorts. Hayes began to the door.

"Hayes!" I climbed out of bed, "Where the hell are you going?!"

"Out." Hayes said and then I heard the room door slam.

"Hayes!" I called out.

"Sam? Where'd Hayes go?" Nash grougled.

"I don't know." I slipped into my slippers and began rushing after him as fast as I could while still being half asleep.

I walked out and turned left then right to see Hayes dashing down the hall. Hayes stopped a few rooms down.

"OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!" Hayes shouted while crashing his fist against the room door.

The loud sound that disturbed the silence of the hall also disturbed the rest of the Magcon crew. Jacob, Aaron and Mahogany came out of their room with messy hair. Shirtless Cameron and Taylor walked out of their room, followed by Matt. Nash caught up to us from our room.

"Sam?" Mahogany walked over to me, brushing back her wild curls.

"What's going on?" Cameron yawned.

Everyone's eyes fell on me.

I shrugged, just as confused as the rest.

Hayes continued to smash his hand against the door.

"What?" a sleepy Jack Gilinsky answered the constant banging.

"What the hell man?" Jack Johnson came out next, "Its five in the morning."

"Where's Shawn?!" Hayes growled.

Hayes pushed through Jack and Jack, into their room.

"Where is he?!" Hayes shouted.

"Hayes, calm down!" Jack Johnson walked to Hayes, "What's this about?"

"Hey, what's..-"

Everyone's eyes darted onto Shawn who was walking down from the elevator.

Hayes pushed through everyone until he gripped into the collar of Shawn's pajama shirt.

"It's about this asshole hitting on my girl!"

"Hayes!" I called out but he ignored me.

"Your girl?! Says who? Not Sam!" Shawn stumbled back as Hayes pushed.

"You need to stop this thing you have for Sam! She's moved on!" Hayes yelled.

"Moved on?" Shawn argued back, "She's not your girlfriend, Hayes!"

"You know what, why don't you go fuck yourself!" Hayes became enraged.

"Why don't you?! Or do you just plan on fucking Sam for the heck of it?!"

"Unlike you, I respect Sam! In my eyes she's not just an object! I care about her!"

"I care about her too!" Shawn yelled, "If I can't be with her I won't let you keep me from being friends with her!"

"Well then stop telling Sam you love her!" Hayes pushed Shawn.

"What?!" Mahogany intervened, "Shawn, you said that?!"

"... Yeah. I did." Shawn quietly said.

"To the girl that I care about!" Hayes again punched against Shawn's shoulders.

"Hayes, maybe I care about Sam more!"

"Say what you want." Hayes said through gritted teeth, "Think what you want. But there is not a single person in the hallway, or in this world, that cares more about Sam than I do."

"Fine then! But-"

"STOP!" I yelled. The boys went silent and looked at me. "JUST STOP!"

"Who's is going to be then Sam?" Shawn faced me, "The guy who never let go. Or a guy who just walked into your life just to mess it up?"

"I'm not like that!" Hayes turned at Shawn.

"Stop!" I again yelled.

"So who then?" Hayes asked with pleading eyes.

•••HAYES POV•••

I waited for Sam to walk into my arms. She looked from me to Shawn. She stepped closer. To Shawn and I. Her hands were collected in her jacket pockets. She stood and nervously bit her lip. Sam stood, keeping us all waiting, in her t-shirt, big zip-up jacket, yoga shorts and sock monkey slippers.

My heart sank when Sam stepped into a strong hug, wrapped in Shawn's arms.

"Me?" Shawn said, "Really?"

My mouth fell open, my jaw hit the floor, "Him?"