(28)

Damon, Stefan, and Aiya go down the stairs of their mansion on a Cliff.

"Isobel just showed up on their door step," Stefan says.

"What's she doing here?" Damon asks.

"I don't know," Stefan replies. "That's what I'm gonna find out."

"I don't think you should tell her that I'm here," Katherine says as she joins the group.

"What?" Aiya inquires. "Why?"

"It's better if she and John not know I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb," Katherine states.

"You're the one in cahoots with them," Damon reminds the manipulative vampire. "You made a desk with John that almost got me killed."

"I did what I hade to do to get out of the tomb." Katherine admits. "Now I'm reconsidering my alliance." Katherine turns around...

...but Stefan interrupts her. "What do you know?"

"I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you," Katherine replies. "Besides, if you two ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the less people know that I'm here, the better. Think about it, Stefan. Come on. Be smart.l

"Tell you what," Stefan says. "Why don't you, uh... Call Alaric and let him know his wife just showed up in his girlfriend's doorstep." Stefan eyes the three people before him and he leaves.

Damon, Katherine, and Aiya all look at each other.
................................................................................................................................................

Damon, Aiya, Bonnie, and Jeremy are all st the Martin Residence. Jonas was killed while Aiya was still waking up from being killed momentarily by a white oak stake from a broken chair. Damon carefully steps through the doorway and he is able to enter through the threshold.

"Yep," Damon says as he enters the apartment. "Everybody's dead."

Luka's corpse is in the middle of the living room and Aiya looks at the fried body.

"We should pack the grimoires," Bonnie claims. "They spent years collecting them. I wanna make sure they're safe."

Damon looks at Luka's body gas Aiya begins grabbing the Martin grimoires. "You know, we could just get another match and cremate him.l

"Don't be disrespectful," Bonnie says. "Not to him."

"Fine," Damon mutters. "I'll bury him."

"I'll help," Aiya says.

"What exactly are we looking for?" Jeremy asks.

"According to Luka's dad, one of these contains a spell that'll let me harness the energy that's left behind when a witch dies violently," Bonnie replies.

"I didn't know you and father witch were so close," Damon claims.

"We weren't but when he gave me my powers back, he gave me a message," Bonnie replies. "If I can find the spot in town, where the old Salem witches were burned, I can harness their energy to use when I need it."

"Great," Damon replies. "We'll have to put that on our list of things to do today. Harness ancietndead witch power."

"You know where the witches were burned?" Bonnie asks in surprise.

"Did I forget to mention that?" Damon asks with phony innocence.

"Are we gonna have to read through every one of these books 'till we find the right spell?" Jeremy asks as he reads through one of the grimoires.