(36)

The gang has moved along, they are hiking rough the Smoky Mountsins and right now, Aiya regrets wearing heels but she doesn't let it show. It doesn't hurt, but who hikes in high heeled boots? Aiya Mikaelson, that's who. Stefan is carrying the unconscious Ray over his shoulder, so he is the one who Aiya should be concerned about.

"You okay?" Klaus asks him. "Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm fine," Stefan replies.

"You sure about that?" Klaus questions. "You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..."

"You know," Stefan cuts him off, "I get that we're uh... we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great."

"So much brooding," Klaus muses ad he walks beside Aiya. "Your self-loathing Is suffocating you, my friend."

"Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves," Stefan reo,it's. "We've been at this all summer."

"Thanks to our pal, Ray, we found ourselves a pack, there."

The gang stops and they find a camp of a pack. Stefan enters first and everyone looks at him. He puts Ray down and a woman rushes over.

"Ray!" The woman gasps. "Oh, my god. What's going on? Who are you?"

"The important question is who am I?" Klaus taunts as he and Aiya enter the wolf camp. "Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

"You're the hybrid," the woman gasps.

Klaus smiles at her. "You've heard of me; fantastic."
................................................................................................................................................

Aiya is sitting with Klaus and Stefan while the wolves stand around, looking at Klaus and listening.

"It's fascinating actually," Klaus says. "...A werewolf who isn't beholden it the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." That's when Ray gasps away. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic."

"What's happening to me?" Ray asks pleadingly.

"Stefan?" Klaus looks at the Salvatore.

Stefan stands. "Are any of you human?" He asks. "Your friend needs human blood to complete his transition to a vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die."

"Doesn't take much, just a sip," Klaus urges. "Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?" Klaus looks around and his eyes lock on a guy. "You!" He rushes over to him and bites his forearm.

Stefan grabs this guy and throws him in front of Ray. The woman goes to protest but Aiya strangles her to diknre her.

"If you dint drink it, Ray, I will," Stefan says. "Problem is I don't know how to stop."

Klaus walks over to Aiya and he looks at the girl in her hand. "It's the new order sweetheart. You join us or you die."

"I'd rather die than be a vampire," the woman sneers.

"Wrong choice," Klaus says and he makes her drink his blood as Ray drinks from the human. "She'll thank me for that later."

Aiya snaps her neck, killing her. "Who's next?"

Klaus's eyes are yellow, and his fangs are out as he looks around at the wolves.
...................................................................................................................................................

"There," Klaus says after giving the human his blood and compels him. "Now you relax, okay, mate? We're gonna need you when the rest of them wake up."