chapter 10

"Harry what's wrong?" Louis said with worry laced into his voice. "Are you okay?"

Harry shook his head and looked away to burry his face into the crook of his arms. He was trying so hard not to cry in front of Louis but seeing him there and hearing his voice made it worse. He started to cry and Louis' heart broke at the sound. He had heard and seen Harry cry before but this cry, sounded like it was full of fear and regret. Louis flinched as Harry began to sob and pull the blankets back over his head.

"Haz." Louis slowly moved the blanket again and went to touch Harry's shoulder. When Harry didn't move, Louis scooped him up into his hands and brought him to his face. Harry simply hugged Louis' hand and was trying to calm down.

"I'm sorry." Harry pouted and looked up at Louis with tear filled eyes.

"For what?"

"I made you mad. You were mad at me." Harry held back a sob that was begging to be let out.

"I'm not mad." Louis brushed Harry's hair back with his finger and sat on his bed with Harry still in his hands.

"Y-you're not?" Harry's bottom lip trembled and twitched as he wiped his eyes.

"No, I mean. . . I just want to know why you don't want to take mommy to the forest." There was a silence for a moment. Harry sat up and crossed his legs as he fidgeted with his tiny fingers.

"I only want you to see those places." Harry said quietly.

"What? Harry please talk loud so I can hear."

"I only want to take you to those places!" Harry admitted and he sighed loudly. "There are places I only want you to see. I'll show mommy other places but the places I show you when it's just us, I only want you to see them."

"But why?" Louis felt relieved that it wasn't because Harry didn't like mommy or that maybe he just didn't want to show her any of the beautiful places he can go. "I don't get it?"

"I don't either Lou."

"What do you mean?" Louis let go of Harry so that Harry was now flying close to his face.

"I don't want to say it." Harry looked around, avoiding Louis' gaze.

"Why? We can tell each other everything. You can tell me Harry. I won't be mad."

Harry twirled and finally looked into Louis' eyes. "I don't know what it means."

"What, what means? Harry tell me."

"I'm scared." Harry whispered, thinking that Louis didn't hear but he did.

"Of what?" Louis whispered back. "Why are you scared?"

"I don't want to ruin our friendship."

"You could never. We're best friends forever remember?" Louis pulled out his daisy shaped necklace from his shirt and turned it around to show Harry. 'Louis and Harry. Forever friends'. Harry pulled out his necklace and held it in his hands and looked up at Louis.

"Exactly. I can't ruin it." Harry let go of the necklace and it bounced off his chest a few times before settling. "I can't Louis."

"Harry, please tell me." Louis begged. "I won't be mad! We won't ruin our friendship and nothing will happen. I just want to know why you don't want to take mum and why you're sad. I promise."

Louis put out his pinky and Harry stared at it for a few seconds before bringing his hand up to Louis' pinky. He touched Louis' pinky and colors shot up Harrys and Louis' arms.